(PRWEB) December 22, 2014
Medical Director of The Mind & Body Treatment and Research Institute, Dr. Keerthy Sunder, MD will be conducting a webinar, “Face Your Addiction & Save Your Life,” for individuals with daytime responsibilities who need to maintain their daily obligations, and require a substance abuse treatment program able to accommodate that need.
“Our goal is to educate providers, clinicians and recovery centers of a new resource in the form of our IOP program that is cutting edge, evidence-based, holistic and results oriented,” says executive medical director, Dr. Keerthy Sunder.
As a Principal Research Investigator for numerous FDA regulated Clinical Trials in Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine, Dr. Sunder will educate registered attendees about strategies on how to beat addiction for good and how to help a family member or someone else.
- Understand what addiction is and the reason why addicts continue to participate in the compulsive behaviors associated with the disease.
- Learn how the individual biology of any given person, which includes their genetic make-up, plays a part in how vulnerable they are to drug addiction.
- Learn how addiction alters your brain and know that it is preventable and has effective treatments.
- Understand about dual diagnosis and how it impacts addiction recovery and relapse.
- Learn about effective evidence-based cutting edge addiction relapse prevention with FDA approved medications and non-medication based treatments.
For additional questions, please contact Dr. Keerthy Sunder, MD and leave a message at 619-393-6663. 1150 Silverado St., La Jolla, CA 92037. Interested participants can sign up for the addiction treatment seminar here.
About Dr. Keerthy Sunder
Dr. Keerthy Sunder, MD is an accomplished physician who has trained in Addiction Medicine, Psychiatry and Obstetrics/Gynecology. He holds Diplomates from the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, American Board of Addiction Medicine and the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists in London, England. He is a Principal Research Investigator for numerous FDA regulated Clinical Trials in Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine and is also Medical Director at the Mind & Body Treatment and Research Institute in La Jolla.