Supporting troops and military families is something very close to my heart as many of my family members have served and are currently serving," said Hamilton. "Their sacrifices are real and too often go unrewarded and unrecognized. That is why I ...
Arlington, VA (PRWEB) December 22, 2014
Twitter Pitch: @HamiltonAnthony joins @the_USO in making #USOmoments this holiday @FtBraggNC!
GRAMMY winning recording artist/North Carolina native Anthony Hamilton joined the USO this holiday season in honoring and creating moments that matter for our nation’s troops and military families by performing his first-ever USO show at Fort Bragg Dec. 16. Joining the company of comedian/former late night talk show host Jay Leno, TODAY Show meteorologist Al Roker and four-time GRAMMY nominee Hunter Hayes, among other celebrities who helped to deliver #USOMoments this year, Hamilton performed an assortment of original songs and holiday classics off his latest studio album “Home For The Holidays.” ***USO photo link below***
- Designed to bring a much-needed touch of home during what is the toughest time of year for our nation’s troops and military families – the holidays, Hamilton’s USO tour brought smiles and good times to more than 900 soldiers and their loved ones.
- Hamilton’s USO visit to Fort Bragg kicked off with a private visit with wounded warriors and a tour of the USO of North Carolina center on post, and wrapped up with a 90-minute USO show and an intimate USO meet & greet with fans.
- The son of a Vietnam veteran and the proud father of six sons, Hamilton comes from a long line of military service with a family member who served in the U.S. Air Force and an uncle in the U.S. Coast Guard. Proud of his military ties, Hamilton visited troops stationed at U.S. Army Garrison Yongsan in Korea in 2006 and has been committed to giving back ever since.
- Adding to his reasons to celebrate this holiday, is Hamilton’s recent GRAMMY Award nomination for Traditional R&B Performance for his duet “As” featuring Marsha Ambrosius.
- A native of Charlotte, North Carolina, the critically acclaimed singer/songwriter got his musical start at age ten by singing in the church choir. Since then he has gone on to release eight studio albums, earn scores of awards (including a GRAMMY in 2009) and work alongside such stars as Jill Scott, Angie Stone, Chaka Khan, Gavin DeGraw and ZZ Ward, among countless others. In October 2014, Hamilton released his first-ever Christmas album, “Home for the Holidays,” and announced a 17-day Home For The Holidays Tour, which commenced in Dallas on Nov. 27 and ended in Connecticut yesterday. The tour, like the album, includes six original holiday-themed songs and eight classic holiday hits.
- The United Service Organizations of North Carolina (USO-NC) is the lead organization charged with supporting military servicemen and women in the state of North Carolina. With six centers statewide, USO-NC serves more than 574,000 troops and military families over the course of a year. USO-NC operates three travel-based centers at Charlotte Douglas International Airport, Raleigh Durham International Airport and Fayetteville Airport, as well as two installation-based centers at Fort Bragg and Jacksonville, and one mobile center. To learn more about USO-NC or to become a volunteer visit http://www.nc.org.
- The USO’s “Every Moment Counts” invites Americans to join the USO and Anthony Hamilton in honoring and creating moments that matter for our nation’s troops and their families this holiday. This event, much like the campaign centers around the countless every day moments – from family dinners and date nights to children’s births and holiday celebrations with loved ones – that our troops and their families selflessly sacrifice due to their commitment and service to our country. To learn more visit USOmoments.org or join the conversation on Facebook or Twitter using #USOMoments.
Attributed to Anthony Hamilton:
“Supporting troops and military families is something very close to my heart as many of my family members have served and are currently serving. Their sacrifices are real and too often go unrewarded and unrecognized. That is why I stand behind the USO’s Every Moment Counts campaign in shining a light on their everyday sacrifices and sharing my holiday moments with them this Christmas.”
USO Tour Photos: http://bit.ly/1uhliEU
About the USO
The USO lifts the spirits of America’s troops and their families millions of times each year at hundreds of places worldwide. We provide a touch of home through centers at airports and military bases in the U.S. and abroad, top quality entertainment and innovative programs and services. We also provide critical support to those who need us most, including forward-deployed troops, military families, wounded warriors, troops in transition and families of the fallen. The USO is a private, non-profit organization, not a government agency. Our programs and services are made possible by the American people, support of our corporate partners and the dedication of our volunteers and staff.
In addition to individual donors and corporate sponsors, the USO is supported by President’s Circle Partners: American Airlines, AT&T, BNSF Railway, Clark Construction Group, LLC, The Coca-Cola Company, Grand Canyon University, JCPenney, Jeep, Johnson & Johnson, Kroger, Northrop Grumman Corporation and TriWest Healthcare Alliance and Worldwide Strategic Partners: BAE Systems, BIC, The Boeing Company, ConAgra Foods, FedEx, Harris Teeter, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft Corporation, Procter & Gamble, TKS Telepost Kabel-Service Kaiserslautern GmbH & Co. KG and Wawa Inc. We are also supported through the United Way and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC-11381). To join us in this important mission, and to learn more about the USO, please visit uso.org.