The Landing celebrates its first anniversary as an ideal Lake Tahoe home base for skiers.
South Lake Tahoe, CA (PRWEB) December 24, 2014
As The Landing Resort & Spa celebrates its one-year anniversary, it’s only fitting that Lake Tahoe’s only five-star boutique lakeside hotel offers guests a fabulous way to ring in 2015. Romance, comfort and luxury abound at The Landing and guests can expect a variety of relaxing and delicious events to celebrate the New Year. Highlights include:
- Sunday, Dec. 28: Sample the Spa at The Landing’s wares with a complimentary chair massage, hand massage or skin consultation, with gifts from Epicuren Discovery Skin Care and refreshments. Football lovers will appreciate an NFL-themed Happy Hour at Jimmy’s Bar.
- Monday, Dec. 29: Learn the secrets behind Jimmy’s signature cocktails with a Craft Cocktail Hour in the Boardroom, $35.
- Tuesday, Dec. 30: Taste artisanal cheeses paired with premium wines from The Landing’s award-winning cellar, $35.
- Wednesday, Dec. 31: Start off New Year’s Eve celebrations with a special Jimmy’s Restaurant dinner menu, $89/adult and $45/child. The Landing’s gala champagne pairing will make the evening sparkle, $59. Then ring in the New Year in the Ballroom or at Jimmy’s with a special midnight toast.
- Thursday, Jan. 1, 2015: Kick off 2015 with breakfast (7-9 a.m.) or brunch (9 a.m. – 2 p.m.) at Jimmy’s, then catch the big games with a football happy hour 2-6 p.m.
The Landing Resort & Spa offers fine dining at Jimmy’s Restaurant, serving wood-fired Greek seafood and locally sourced California cuisine in a menu created by British celebrity chef Maria Elia. Jimmy’s lake-view setting includes several private dining alcoves with fireplaces, as well as outdoor fire pits on a lakeside patio. Additional resort amenities include a large wine cellar featuring a special selection of 250 labels from around the world and backlit, onyx-walled bar, a state-of-the-art gym, outdoor pool and hot tub and a 3,600-square-foot rooftop deck. The full-service Spa at The Landing offers customized spa treatments using organic and natural botanicals, including stress-reducing massages and sports-specific treatments perfect for après-ski. The spa also includes a sauna, steam room, special couple’s treatment room and relaxing Spa Sanctuary serving a selection of detoxifying teas.
Just blocks from the Heavenly Gondola, The Landing celebrates its first anniversary as an ideal Lake Tahoe home base for skiers, with high-end perks from boot warmers and valet service to in-room fitting of ski gear rentals. Guests enjoy comfy complimentary transport via Mercedes Sprinter or Mercedes GL450 to the Heavenly Gondola and to the Transportation Center with shuttle service to Sierra at Tahoe, Kirkwood and Northstar. Apres-ski time can be spent cozying up in plush robes before in-room fireplaces while enjoying azure Lake Tahoe views – or enjoying the calendar of resort holiday activities on tap for guests through New Year’s Day.
The Landing offers 77 guest rooms with fireplaces and private decks, most with views of the lake. Guest rooms at The Landing Resort & Spa feature luxurious contemporary European-style furnishings and the old world charm of wood floors, marble bathrooms, custom-made headboards and stonework – while also including such top modern amenities as 55-inch wall mounted televisions, in-room Keurig coffee service, pillow top beds with high thread-count linens, premium down pillows and comforters, plush robes, heated bathroom floors, heated toilet seats and waterfall showers. Select suites also offer aromatherapy, heat therapy, music therapy, light therapy, steam showers, heated towel racks and thermo masseur tubs in the guest baths.
About The Landing Resort & Spa:
The Landing Resort & Spa is walking distance to the golf, outdoor concerts, nightlife, dining and shopping of South Lake Tahoe. Just blocks from Heavenly Village and Gondola, Village Center and gaming casinos, The Landing provides complimentary transportation in a Mercedes Sprinter or GL450 locally. Celebrating its first anniversary, The Landing opened in December 2013 and has been featured by media including The New York Times, SKI magazine and Robb Report. For additional information and reservations contact 855.700.5263 or visit http://www.thelandingtahoe.com.
Darla Worden, WordenGroup Public Relations, darla(at)wordenpr(dot)com, 307.734.5335