LINCOLN, R.I. (PRWEB) December 23, 2014
Many treasured holiday memories come from family gatherings, company parties and reuniting with friends. But these celebrations should take place in a safe environment with responsible hosts.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, two out of three people will be involved in a drunk-driving crash in their lifetimes. That’s why Amica Insurance is sharing these tips from Mothers Against Drunk Driving to encourage the safe hosting of holiday celebrations:
- Have nonalcoholic options or “mocktails” available for guests who don’t want to consume alcohol.
- If planning to serve alcoholic punch, use fruit juice or other noncarbonated bases. Alcohol is absorbed into the blood faster if it’s combined with a carbonated base.
- Provide plenty of food to keep your guests from drinking on an empty stomach.
- Playing games is a great way to keep guests entertained so that they limit their alcohol consumption.
- Everyone in attendance should designate a driver who has not been drinking.
- Have the phone number of a taxi company available for anyone who needs a ride, or offer guests who have been drinking to stay overnight.
About Amica Insurance
Amica Mutual Insurance Co., the nation’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in 1907. The company, based in Lincoln, Rhode Island, is a national writer of auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,300 people in 44 offices across the country. For more information, visit Amica.com.
CONTACT: Vince Burks, Corporate Communications, 50 Amica Way, Lincoln, RI 02865-1155, 800-652-6422, ext. 24563
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.