Ivy Ties introduces Ivy Match: A Data Driven Tool to Match Applicants with Colleges

Share Article

College applicants and colleges worldwide have the same common problem and it is as if the wheel is reinvented with each college year. Ivy Ties breaks the traditional methods of connecting the two and applies science and big-data technology to bridge this gap.

Ivy Ties: A modern approach for college admission

'Ivy Ties helps create a matching market between schools and students.' - Brett Gordon, Associate Professor, Kellogg School of Management

Ivy Ties (http://www.ivyties.com) announces the release of Ivy Match, a feature that identifies and recommends new colleges that are likely to match applicants’ preferences. “Ivy Ties helps create a matching market between schools and students. What I like best is that it's not focused on helping the top 1% of students get into the top 1% of schools—both groups are managing just fine—but instead it's trying to help the other 99% do better,” says Brett Gordon, Associate Professor, Kellogg School of Management.

Over 10,000 colleges and millions of college applicants worldwide face the same problem of how to find each other year over year. "In today's world, it is unfathomable that a lack of access to information could prevent someone from pursuing their educational goals. The genius of Ivy Ties is that it links the key players to provide this flow of information, and it does so in a way that benefits everyone," says Aneeta Rattan, Assistant Professor, London Business School.

The task of shortlisting colleges to apply to is often like shooting darts on a wall, but Ivy Ties’ machine learning algorithm elegantly and powerfully solves this problem. Most students select colleges to apply to based on either their own or other people’s impressions and guesses. Many miss out on better colleges either because they did not know about them or because they thought that the college was too good for them. “Where you should apply and where not to is now as simple indicating your preferences on a website. Ivy Ties recommends colleges to apply to using a unique big data technology that is similar to how Netflix® recommends movies to you or how Amazon® recommends new products,” says Krishna Savani, Assistant Professor, National University of Singapore.

Ivy Ties will remain free for students, and most features are available for free to colleges. The Classifieds section has tools to enable a smooth transition to college, helping students find scholarships, apartments, roommates, used books, and internships.

"I wish Ivy Ties had existed when I was applying to the universities. Applying to the universities is a fairly stressful experience. One is always worried about missing out on important information that could lead to making wrong choices. Ivy Ties greatly reduces the stress by not only providing easy access to all the important information, but also recommending colleges and programs that are customized to the candidate’s personal interests,” says Monica Wadhwa, Assistant Professor of Marketing, INSEAD.

About Ivy Ties

Ivy Ties is the world's first platform that connects the student pool with the colleges and works in both directions. While most previous websites were mere information aggregators meant for students to browse like a telephone directory, Ivy Ties is an active platform that also facilitates the exchange of information from the applicant pool back to colleges in the form of statistics, and also from colleges to students in the form of announcements, all embedded within the same platform. Once users have confirmed their registration, Ivy Ties will ask them to set up a profile—including social media accounts, hobbies and achievements—as well as a professional portfolio. Ivy Ties members will be able to follow the universities and colleges that they are interested in, and also be able to participate in discussions. For more information on Ivy Ties, check out http://www.ivyties.com.

© 2014 by Ivy Ties. All rights reserved. Specifications are subject to change without notice.

Media contact: Jibin Kumar, +1-929-400-7949, jibin(at)ivyties(dot)com
Website: http://www.ivyties.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ivyties

Share article on socal media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Jibin Kumar
Ivy Ties
+1 (929) 400-7949
Email >

Jibin Kumar
Ivy Ties
+1(929) 400-7949
Email >
@IvyTies
since: 10/2013
Follow >
Ivy Ties
since: 06/2014
Like >
Follow us on
Visit website