(PRWEB) December 29, 2014
The Abu Dhabi Technology Development Committee (TDC), the official host of the Defence Innovation and Technology Conference 2015 (DITEC), has invited the world’s leading defence research and development organizations to participate in a two-day conference. DITEC 2015 will take place on February 25th and 26th, and will be an important part of the International Defence and Exhibition Conference (IDEX) 2015. Invitees for DITEC 2015 include:
- US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- European Defence Agency (EDA)
- Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl)
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft - German Research Foundation (DFG)
- The French Ministry of Defense (ASTRID)
- Lockheed Martin Skunk Works
- Boeing Phantom Works
The conference is officially supported by the Ministry of Defence of the United Arab Emirates, and will be a high profile event that aims to create an interactive platform for defence officials, policymakers, and key industry stakeholders to discuss and showcase defence innovation and advanced technologies.
DITEC 2015 will be the first event of its kind in the region, and will create an excellent platform for delegates to discuss the following topics:
- How the defence sector can benefit from today’s emerging trends in innovation and technology.
- Explore opportunities for collaboration between the defence sector and academia.
- Defence related applications of advanced technology.
- Share success stories related to the use of innovation and technology in the defence sector.
- Build strategies for commercial application of defence technologies across multiple sectors.
- Best practices related to intellectual property protection in the defence sector.
Enrico Villa, Director of Enterprise Development and Innovation at Abu Dhabi Technology Development Committee commented that DITEC 2015 is a not-to-be-missed conference for the defence community. “Invitees have a broad wealth of knowledge and experience in their respective fields, from stealth technology and unmanned systems to those looking at future battlefield requirements and beyond, to space and inter-planetary travel. DITEC 2015 will provide a unique and valuable opportunity to engage with the most advanced and innovating R&D organizations on future trends in defence, space, and security technologies, as well as spillover effects on the broader society.”
TDC was established to encourage and support the development of Science, Technology, and Innovation (STI) in Abu Dhabi. It is a multi-stakeholder government body that interfaces between government, business, and academia to realize a sustainable, diversified, and knowledge-based economy.
TDC launched Takamul in 2011 to foster innovation and generate economic and societal value in Abu Dhabi and the UAE. The program supports innovation within knowledge-intensive industries, and aims to transform locally generated ideas into multipurpose activities that will seed economic advancement.
Co-located at IDEX, the DITEC 2015 Conference will take place on 25th and 26th February.
For more information, please visit the DITEC website at http://www.ditec.ae