“We anticipate that 2015 will be a banner growth year in terms of the impact of mobile influence on retail,” said Navneet Loiwal, Shopular Co-Founder and CEO.
Redwood City, CA (PRWEB) December 29, 2014
Shopular announces the findings of its 2015 Mobile Retail Outlook Survey to purvey consumers' attitudes toward mobile shopping and retail trends for the coming year. Now that the whirr of the mall store check out counter has calmed and the mania of 2014 Holiday Shopping is about to move into the annals of retail history, what will retail shopping – and more specifically mobile shopping – look like for consumers across America come 2015? Shopular, a leading mobile couponing and shopping app for Apple and Android, asked nearly 600 consumers to share their attitudes and thoughts about emerging 2015 trends. What they discovered is that mobile influence on shopping will emerge stronger than ever – with more than 96% of Americans surveyed planning to use their mobile device to find better retail bargains.
This holiday season was an epic year for mobile technology – as mobile influence helped to shape the shopping landscape like never before. Both merchants and retailers felt the impact of consumers having easier access to the best savings and bargains on everything from clothes, toys, and electronics to home accessories. Thanks to geo-targeted deal alerts pushed to users’ smartphones while they’re near their favorites stores, millions of Americans who used essential tools such as the Shopular app enjoyed better savings on the items they were already planning to buy – and found great bargains on unexpected offers once they hit the store threshold.
Looking toward the New Year, it appears that consumers’ reliance on mobile influence and access to deals and savings offers while on the go will become increasingly prominent and play a strong role in the way Americans shop and buy.
Here are the key findings from Shopular’s 2015 Mobile Retail Outlook Survey:
- More than 96% of consumers surveyed say they plan to tap their mobile smartphone in the New Year to scout out the best retail bargains.
- Six in 10 surveyed will make shopping with the aid of a mobile device job number one when it comes to their New Year’s “Shopping Resolutions.”
- By a margin of 64% to 36%, consumers still prefer to conduct their actual buying in-store versus online, confirming consumers’ continued attraction to the in-store experience. Experts note that consumers still love to “touch and feel” the merchandise before they make their purchase. Shopular’s Chief Shopologist Lee Senderov notes that this experience fits nicely with the role of “mobile-delivered deal sneak peeks as an essential tool to help consumers to do advance legwork.”
- According to respondents, nearly two-thirds surveyed indicated that the role of mobile is here to stay and that being able to shop with mobile assistance will permanently alter the way America shops.
- The hot shopping categories for 2015: Women are looking forward to being well-dressed in the New Year, with women’s clothing signaling an 85% market share, followed by children’s clothing (55%), men’s clothing (48%), housewares (40%), toys (23%), furniture (23%), and handheld electronics (22%).
- And it appears that consumers are actively integrating mobile technology into their purchasing as well: 46% of respondents made a mobile purchase by mobile app within the last week and 25% of those surveyed had made a mobile purchase via mobile app within the last month (followed by 11% within the last year). (Twenty-three percent had never conducted an actual transaction via mobile app.)
- In terms of consumers accessing and purchasing from a website via their mobile phone, 41% had done so within the last week, 29% within the last month, 15% within the past year and 14% had never purchased from a website via their mobile device.
- When it comes to the preferred way to buy in general using digital tools, 45% of consumers queried opt for their mobile handheld, 20% prefer their tablet, and 35% still are most comfortable with a PC online.
- Where will consumers be doing their shopping? Target takes the “super-store” mass merchandise crown at 64%, topping Walmart (at 54%), and followed by Kohl’s, Macy’s, Old Navy, JC Penney, Kmart and Gap. On the home improvement side, Home Depot edged out Lowes, by a 12% margin as respondents’ preferred pick for 2015.
- And, coming off of a busy holiday buying season and getting ready for the fresh outlook of the New Year, more than three-quarters of respondents reported that they are bullish on the 2015 economy – giving it a personal “Thumbs Up”… a good indication for m-commerce overall and the American shopping pulse as the industry rings in January.
“We anticipate that 2015 will be a banner growth year in terms of the impact of mobile influence on retail,” said Navneet Loiwal, Shopular’s Co-Founder and CEO. “Americans are understanding that by researching retail sales offers via mobile in advance of, or even while they’re on, their shopping excursion, they can put measurable dollars back into their pockets.” Finding better ways to fuel retail and keep consumers pouring into national merchant brands is a vital part of keeping our economy robust as we enter the New Year. We believe that Deal Discovery will become an integral part of the technology-enabled retail landscape in the coming months – and bode well for a healthy 2015 market outlook.”
For more information on 2015 mobile shopping tips and trends, please visit Shopular.com.
Based in Redwood City, CA, Shopular was founded in 2012 to delight shoppers across America and connect them with the retail brands they love the most. Designed to make deal-hunting more fun than ever, the Shopular app is free to download and easy to navigate. Referred to as a mobile “Shopper’s BFF,” Shopular alerts consumers – while they’re on their actual shopping excursion – to savings at retail outlets only they have selected. Backed by some of the most prominent names in Silicon Valley including Sequoia Capital and Y Combinator, this category-changing technology innovation has already redefined mobile couponing and enriched the shopping experience for millions! Please visit Shopular.com to learn more – or download the Shopular app at iTunes and Google Play.
Please follow Shopular on: