Mason, Michigan (PRWEB) July 30, 2014
More than two dozen rare pieces American auto history will be offered to the public at auction on August 20th in Owosso, Michigan.
The restored cars have been preserved in pristine condition at the Mitchell Car Museum in Owosso, Michigan since 1991. This museum collection stood as a tribute to auto industry innovator and businessman, Don Mitchell, and was curated by his son Bill Mitchell until his death in April.
Among the legendary collection:
- 1954 Dodge Grenada concept car—the only in the world
- 1948 Pontiac Streamliner Wagon—the last true Woody Wagon produced by Pontiac
- 1958 Oldsmobile Super 88 Fiesta Wagon—also known as the Chrome King
- 1957 Lincoln Continental MK II—one of 444 ever produced
- 1904 Mitchell B2 Runabout—the only air cooled Mitchell of this vintage known to exist
- 1919 Mitchell C Cab Truck—a very rare Mitchell truck with Mitchell motometer
- 1961 Mutt M151 Truck—completely restored with 4 wheel drive and suspension
- 1953 Packard Caribbean Convertible—one of only 750 produced
Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. will offer the cars at live auction with online simulcast bidding starting at 10 a.m. Eastern on August 20 at the Baker College Welcome Center. “We are honored to partner with the Mitchell Car Museum and Mitchell estate to share this impressive collection with auto enthusiasts and aficionados across the country,” says Troy Crowe, Sheridan Realty & Auction Co.
Previews and inspections will be held on August 5 and 19 at the Mitchell Car Museum. Cost to attend the preview will be $100, which will be credited to the purchase of an item if the attendee is the highest bidder on auction day. “This will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to bid on an iconic piece of automotive heritage, so we invite those who have an appreciation for these cars to join us live or online,” says Crowe.
To view current bids and the full list of automobiles and items, visit http://sheridanauctionservice.com/index.php?ap=1&pid=38774.
Sheridan Realty & Auction Co., established in 1977 in Mason, Michigan, is an auction company specializing in the sale of real estate, agriculture machinery, construction equipment, autos, personal property and others for personal sellers, estates and banks. As a MarkNet Alliance member company, Sheridan Realty & Auction Co., conducts hundreds of live and online auctions each year selling items to bidders across the globe. For more information, call (517) 676-9800.
Contact: Troy Crowe, Sheridan Realty & Auction Co., (989) 666-6339, troy(at)sheridanauctionservice(dot)com.