AHA Hospital Statistics™ provides the ability to analyze and compare U.S. community hospital trends in utilization, personnel and finances.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) January 23, 2014
The 2014 edition of AHA Hospital Statistics® began shipping on January 22, 2014. The data in AHA Hospital Statistics™ comes from AHA Annual Surveys of Hospitals and U.S. Census Bureau population data.
AHA Hospital Statistics™ provides the ability to analyze and compare U.S. community hospital trends in utilization, personnel and finances. It includes:
- Five year trends for utilization, personnel and finances for 2008-2012 by total U.S., bed size, U.S. Census division, and state
- Facilities and services by U.S. Census division and state for 2012
- Community health indicators by U.S. Census division and metropolitan statistics area with 2012 Fiscal Year hospital data
- U. S. Community hospitals wall chart (poster)
The version with the Excel tables on CD allows users to combine the data with other data sets, hone in on particular statistics, and create charts and graphs. With it, users can:
- Create charts and graphs from eight Microsoft® Excel tables of aggregated hospital data about utilization, personnel, finance, beds, admissions, inpatient and outpatient visits data;
- Benchmark facilities of similar size and location for hospital data comparison and analysis;
- Gather industry intelligence to pinpoint emerging trends such as physician models, insurance products, and managed care contracts;
- Examine hospital data in utilization, finances, and staffing to identify opportunities and areas of potential growth;
- Incorporate other data sets such as census data, geographic information or company data, to focus health care market research on specific areas of interest.
With the 2014 edition of AHA Hospital Statistics™, users can take a deep look at the health care industry and current trends. For more information, call 800/242-2626.
About Health Forum
Health Forum is a strategic business enterprise of the American Hospital Association, creatively partnering to develop and deliver essential information and innovative services to help health care leaders achieve organizational performance excellence and sustainability.
About the American Hospital Association
The AHA is a not-for-profit association of health care provider organizations and individuals that are committed to the improvement of health in their communities. The AHA is the national advocate for its members, which includes nearly 5,000 member hospitals, health systems and other health care organizations, and 43,000 individual members. Founded in 1898, the AHA provides education for health care leaders and is a source of information on health care issues and trends.