Omaha, NE (PRWEB) April 19, 2014
In recognition of Occupational Therapy Month, Aureus Medical Group (web: aureusmedical.com), a nationwide leader in medical staffing, shares suggestions for promoting healthcare careers in OT, including travel occupational therapy jobs and other opportunities within the field. Occupational Therapy Month is celebrated annually in April.
Occupational therapists help patients of all ages recover from major surgery and health problems, improve their level of function given health challenges, and perform daily tasks in their lives. Careers in travel occupational therapy are expected to increase during the coming years, with the aging population and demand for more OT professionals within healthcare.
Following are four ways for a travel OT to promote the profession:
1. Highlight patients’ past successes and accomplishments. With their permission, share the ups and downs of several patients who have made a full recovery. It’s inspirational and shows that the work of an occupational therapist is valuable.
2. Hang posters in the office, clinic or hospital in a high-traffic area, where patients and employees will see them, such as the foyer. The American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) “Brand Toolbox” provides logos and suggestions to boost awareness.
3. Share the experience of being a travel OT at local gatherings, group meetings, or at a professional conference.
4. Spread the word of occupational therapy on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. Post statuses related to healthcare careers in travel occupational therapy and link to interesting stories.
5. Occupational therapy focuses on goals. Make sure patients understand what exercises to do, how often to do them, and when to ask for assistance. All are key steps in patient recovery.
ABOUT AUREUS MEDICAL GROUP:
Aureus Medical Group is a national leader in healthcare staffing specializing in the successful placement of Nursing, Advanced Practice, Cardiopulmonary, Diagnostic Imaging, Medical Laboratory, Neurodiagnostics, Radiation Oncology, and Rehabilitation Therapy professionals, as well as Physicians, in hospitals and medical facilities nationwide. With more than 30 years of experience, Aureus Medical offers a full range of staffing options, including national contract (travel), local contract, and direct hire. Aureus Medical is the largest affiliate of Omaha-based C&A Industries, a leading provider of human capital management solutions for more than 45 years.