Consumers usually start the year with so many resolutions but most of them are forgotten after a few months.
New York, NY (PRWEB) January 16, 2014
Just as the first month reaches its midway mark, Debt Consolidation USA continues to provide consumers with tips to help them start the year right. On January 15, the website published the article titled “On Making Smart Financial Goals This Year.”
The article begins by stating how some consumers usually start the year with so many resolutions but most of them are forgotten after a few months. Since most of these resolutions are meant for financial goals, Debt Consolidation USA would like to help out by teaching how to make a goal that they can really achieve.
The key is to make SMART goals. Each letter in the word “smart” correspond to a characteristic of the goal that is to be made.
1. S is for specific. The article states that consumers usually fail to follow goals because it is not specific. If the consumer clearly defines the goal, they can find it easier to focus and reach it.
2. M is for measurable. The article also advises consumers to make their goals measurable - meaning it has to be quantifiable. This will help consumers see the progress of their journey towards reaching the goal.
3. A is for assignable. Not all goals has to be done alone. Or even if it has, others can at least provide support. The article suggests that the consumer indicate clearly if help is needed and who will provide it.
4. R is for realistic. The fourth letter refers to a goal that is realistic. While goals can be as ambitious as it can be, it also has to be realistic to avoid discouraging consumers from reaching it.
5. T is for time-related. Lastly, the article advises that the financial goal has to be time related so the consumer works on a schedule. This will keep the consumer from postponing working on the goal.
By creating SMART financial goals, Debt Consolidation USA believe that the consumer should be able to increase the chances of reaching their goal. Their resolution will no longer be just something that they set at the beginning of the year and then forget after a couple of months.
To read more about this type of financial goal, click on this link: http://www.debtconsolidationusa.com/personal-finance/on-making-smart-financial-goals-this-year.html.
Debt Consolidation USA is a debt relief website that publishes hundreds of articles that provide personal finance, debt and debt relief information. Get a free debt relief quote by visiting the site or calling 1(877) 610-6990.