We were all excited to do something special for the men and women who sacrifice so much for our country, especially as our nation honored Memorial Day.
Arlington, VA (PRWEB) May 28, 2014
Twitter Pitch: @ThirdDay takes a break from their tour to join @the_USO and entertain troops and military families in the UK!
On May 23, musicians Mac Powell, Mark Lee, Tai Anderson and David Carr of the award-winning Christian rock band THIRD DAY kicked off their summer tour roster with a show of support for deployed troops and military families at RAF Mildenhall, England. The private USO concert was free to all military ID holders and was a great way for military families to share a memorable moment with the community.
- During THIRD DAY’s USO performance in the United Kingdom, the Grammy award-winning group entertained more than 500 troops and military families. The concert included hit songs from the band’s latest album Miracle.
- Following the USO concert, the band members participated in a private USO meet-and-greet.
- This was the second USO tour for the award-winning, Christian rock band. On their first USO tour in 2008, THIRD DAY performed for deployed troops in Kuwait and Iraq.
- To date, this group has entertained more than 4,000 troops and their families on USO tours.
- THIRD DAY has been providing inspirational music to their fans for more than two decades. Over the course of their musical career, the band has been awarded four Grammys, 24 GMA Dove Awards, one RIAA Platinum album and eight RIAA Gold albums. Among their fan-favorite hits are “Show Me Your Glory,” “Call My Name,” and “Mountain of God.”
Attributed to THIRD DAY’s lead singer Mac Powell:
"It was awesome to join the USO again and have the chance to entertain our country’s troops and families who are serving in the UK. We even got to visit with troops and spend some one-on-one time after the show. We were all excited to do something special for the men and women who sacrifice so much for our country, especially as our nation honored Memorial Day.”
USO photos by Airman 1st Class Preston Webb: http://bit.ly/1n4NcnR
About the USO
The USO lifts the spirits of America’s troops and their families millions of times each year at hundreds of places worldwide. We provide a touch of home through centers at airports and military bases in the U.S. and abroad, top quality entertainment and innovative programs and services. We also provide critical support to those who need us most, including forward-deployed troops, military families, wounded warriors, troops in transition and families of the fallen. The USO is a private, non-profit organization, not a government agency. Our programs and services are made possible by the American people, support of our corporate partners and the dedication of our volunteers and staff.
In addition to individual donors and corporate sponsors, the USO is supported by President’s Circle Partners: American Airlines, AT&T, BNSF Railway, Clark Construction Group, LLC, The Coca-Cola Company, Grand Canyon University, JCPenney, Jeep, Johnson & Johnson, Kroger, Northrop Grumman Corporation and TriWest Healthcare Alliance and Worldwide Strategic Partners: BAE Systems, BIC, The Boeing Company, ConAgra Foods, FedEx, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft Corporation, Procter & Gamble, TKS Telepost Kabel-Service Kaiserslautern GmbH & Co. KG and Wawa Inc. We are also supported through the United Way and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC-11381). To join us in this patriotic mission, and to learn more about the USO, please visit uso.org.