The software made it so much simpler. Once you program the schedule for one school and it’s loaded into the cloud, you can download it into each one easily.
Arlington, TX (PRWEB) June 24, 2014
To help municipalities with Spot Devices equipment in their school zone beacon network, RTC Manufacturing created a drop-in replacement panel that is fully functional with or without two-way communication devices. The turnkey solution is also compatible with the company’s remote management software, RTC Connect™.
In April, Cirrus Systems notified customers with Spot Devices equipment that the flashers would function improperly without its software services, which will be discontinued after June 30, 2014.
So that municipalities do not have to invest in an entirely new flasher system, RTC Manufacturing designed a drop-in panel for the Spot Devices cabinets that is simple and quick to install.
The replacement panel includes the following high-quality components from RTC:
- Reliable AP22 Time Switch, a calendar programmable solid state time switch
- Solar regulator
- Flasher circuitry
- Two-way communication devices, such as M2M or radio (optional)
King County in Washington has already started installing the drop-in panels. “It’s working very well,” traffic signal technician Kim Roberts said.
King County opted to install M2M devices in some of the beacons, which gives them the ability to program and verify the functionality of the flashers remotely with the RTC Connect™ platform.
“The software made it so much simpler. Once you program the schedule for one school and it’s loaded into the cloud, you can download it into each one easily,” Roberts explained.
Other features of RTC Connect™, which is always free and has no annual fees, include:
- Color-coded calendar that provides quick visual reference to the school calendar
- Mapping of flasher locations in their exact location via GPS coordinates
- Data storage on Cloud/SQL server that allows access by multiple team members simultaneously with duplicate CSV files maintained on a central computer
- Archive of all communication for easy troubleshooting
- Quick override for today or tomorrow’s calendar for unexpected events, such as weather
For more information about the replacement panels or RTC Connect™, call (800) 782-8721 or email info(at)rtc-traffic(dot)com.
RTC Manufacturing is not in any way affiliated with Spot Devices or Cirrus Systems.