Tickets at the gate are just $5 for adults and children 5 and older, 4 and under are free. If purchased online before Nov. 19, tickets are $1 off.
Fort Myers Beach (PRWEB) October 01, 2014
The 28th Annual American Sand Sculpting Championships presented by the Seminole Casino of Immokalee, the biggest sand sculpting event in the state, is coming to Fort Myers Beach in just a few months. Running from Nov. 21 until Nov. 30, this year’s event offers even more fun for adults and children alike!
Big C Events, Pinchers Crab Shack, the Wyndham Garden Hotel on Fort Myers Beach and The Sand Lovers, all of which have been involved in other successful sand sculpting events including the World Championships of Sand Sculpting, will once again manage the event in coordination with the Greater Fort Myers Beach Chamber of Commerce and charity benefactors; Make-A-Wish, Teen Challenge, The Kiwanis Club, and Lover’s Key State Park.
The 28th Annual American Sand Sculpting Championship: This year Sculptors represent nine different countries and ten states. Collectively they hold over 300 competition medals and many of them are World Champions. There will be sixteen Solo Master Sculptors, ten Doubles Master Sculptors (five teams) and 11 Advanced Amateurs who will compete for the Florida State Championship.
Guests are welcome to attend daily or at anytime from Nov. 21 through Nov. 30 to enjoy 41 sculptures – more than ever before. There will be many interactive activities for guests to partake in including:
- Make-A-Wish Day – On Friday, Nov. 21 20% of ticket sale proceeds being donated to the organization.
- More than 30 Sand Sculptures - View over 30 sand sculptures, more than 1,000 tons of sand will be sculpted, including one huge 350 ton sand sculpture
- Celebrity Quick Sand Speed Sand Sculpting - An audience-participation show in which two local celebrities go head-to-head for a ten-minute sculpting competition, sculpting a subject selected by someone in the audience and. The winner of each round advances to championship rounds based on audience applause. First place will get $500 donated to their charity of choice.
- Photo Opportunity Sculptures – Designed so you can step into the sculpture, become a part of it and have your photo taken. You can also have the sculpture customized by carving names, family names, dates and just about anything into the sculpture to make it your very own - family vacation photo, Christmas card, souvenir, post card, etc.
- Kids Zone - An area where the kids can practice building their own sand sculptures.
- Flying Colors - John Gowdy is back this year with all new artwork on Saturday Nov. 22 and 29. John uses a blank, spinning canvas and creates a portrait of a famous person or object, timed to music in less than 10 minutes.
- Sand Sculpting Demonstrations and Lessons – Learn the Tricks of the Master Sculptors.
- Amateur Contest – Open to anyone and all levels of sculptors, try your hand at sand sculpting on Sunday Nov. 23.
- State Championships – This is a competition from Nov. 28 to 30 where an advanced amateur sand sculptor can prove their abilities and get one step closer to being accepted as a Master Sculptor.
- Sand Vendor Village – More than 50 vendors from around the country offering a great selection of food, beverages, specialty retail and arts and crafts
- Chainsaw Art with Rod Green – Master Chainsaw artist and former lumberjack, Rod will create works of art from logs in minutes.
- Live music every afternoon– local acts including tribute bands throughout the event
Tickets at the gate are just $5 for adults and children 5 and older, 4 and under are free. If purchased online at http://www.FMBSandSculpting.com before Nov. 19, tickets are $1 off, just $4 each. Three-day passes will also be available for only $12. For more information and specials, please visit http://www.FMBSandSculpting.com or the event’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SandSculptingFestival.
This year attendees can also take advantage of a new “Holiday Package” that includes two admission tickets into the event plus a holiday photo with a personalized message integrated into one of the holiday sand sculptures. Ideal for the perfect holiday card, the package can be purchased for $24 on http://www.fmbsandsculpting.com (retail value = $30). Family packs (two adults and two children under the age of 12) will be available at the gate for daily admission of just $16 (retail value = $20).
For details on participating in the event as a vendor, contact Ted Clifton at 239-848-6568 or cliftoned(at)hotmail(dot)com. To be a volunteer during the event, please contact Jane Ross at 239-454-7500. Businesses and organizations can also sponsor the event. For details email sponsorinfo(at)FMBsandsculpting(dot)com.
LOCATION & TRANSPORTATION
The 28th Annual American Sand Sculpting Competition will once again be at the Wyndham Garden Hotel located at 6890 Estero Boulevard on Fort Myers Beach. Attendees are encouraged to arrive from the south in order to avoid traffic congestion. Event directors have coordinated a revolving bus system to transport attendees from the Lover’s Key parking area to the site. Parking is also available in the Publix shopping center at Bonita Beach Road and U.S. 41 where the Lee County beach “Trollee” will pick up attendees.