Omaha, NE (PRWEB) January 03, 2014
Aureus Medical, a nationwide leader in medical staffing releases the top travel nursing news stories that were most read on its website, aureusmedical.com during 2013. Articles on the healthcare staffing company’s news feed relate to those who are working as a travel nurse, travel physical therapist, and in other mobile healthcare careers well as industry news and other relevant content.
This story, which was published in April, offered a few suggestions to help ensure those working in travel nursing jobs have everything they need on assignment. The following items were featured on the list:
- A GPS can be great for helping to navigate an unfamiliar town.
- A satellite radio service or music app for a phone to make a long drive go faster.
- Favorite photos, mugs, and other knick knacks to help keep homesickness at bay.
- Something from one’s home state to help a travel nurse get to know her colleagues.
- Necessary supplies for favorite stress relieving activities such as a yoga mat or yarn and knitting needles.
This September article provided insight on the perceptions of tattoos in the workplace, issues that may arise, and suggestions for those who are considering or who currently have tattoos.
While on assignment, a travel nurse may struggle with something called compassion fatigue, a term which encompasses a variety of emotional and physical symptoms that most often result from burn out or exhaustion that comes from providing around-the-clock care to patients. This February story offered suggestions for those working in travel nursing jobs to help overcome compassion fatigue and maintain personal well-being.
What separates a good travel nurse from a great one? This August article highlighted compassion, communication, knowledge, and being quick on one’s feet as the top characteristics of those who reach the level of great in the travel nursing medical profession.
For the busy travel RN looking to hit the road for something other than work, this article which ran in June spotlighted several top destinations to consider as well as provided money-saving tips.
- Austin, Texas - summer sun and adventurous nightlife for a price that won't break the bank.
- Destin, Fla., located in the panhandle of the state on the Gulf of Mexico. Many hotels offer discounted rates to help support the area's tourism industry after the 2010 oil spill.
- Washington, D.C., provides travelers with a vacation rich in history and fun. A number of attractions in the area are also free, making for an inexpensive trip.
About Aureus Medical Group:
Aureus Medical Group is a national leader in healthcare staffing specializing in the successful placement of Nursing, Advanced Practice, Cardiopulmonary, Diagnostic Imaging, Medical Laboratory, Neurodiagnostics, Radiation Oncology, and Rehabilitation Therapy professionals, as well as Physicians, in hospitals and medical facilities nationwide. With more than 25 years of experience, Aureus Medical offers a full range of staffing options, including national contract (travel), local contract, and direct hire. Aureus Medical is the largest affiliate of Omaha-based C&A Industries, a leading provider of human capital management solutions for more than 40 years.