This 12- credit graduate certificate will up-skill professionals with cutting edge knowledge for their careers in communication media, corporate and other public relations, visual arts, publishing, social media and public policy.
Newark, New Jersey (PRWEB) June 25, 2014
New Jersey Institute of Technology’s Division of Continuing Professional Education announces online Graduate Certificate in Digital Marketing Essentials. Starting this Fall, while studying online, students will gain new skills competencies in information technologies, social media, and organizational cultures.
As a unique feature of this graduate level credential, students will be learning critical essentials from across several different academic fields. In a field as dynamic as digital marketing design, the consummate professional is one who can use a variety of approaches and who understands and can be understood by colleagues whose focus may be narrower. Its collaborative approach will grant students the flexibility to study the utilization and impact of media, particularly digital media, through the degree program’s courses. Students will gain a competitive advantage by being trained to promote more effective practice of the social, cultural, and economic dynamics of digital media marketing. Because of this feature, the 12- credit graduate certificate will up-skill those interested in the aesthetic and societal aspects of technology, and prepare professionals with cutting edge knowledge for their careers in communication media, corporate and other public relations, visual arts, publishing, social media and public policy.
The Graduate Certificate in Digital Marketing Essentials teaches you the following:
- Introduction to the use of the Internet and electronic commerce in the development of marketing strategy
- Development of Internet-based marketing
- Overview of social networks by introducing them to the unique terminology of social networks
- Discussion of positive and negative characteristics of social networks including visualizations and analyses of those characteristics
- Introduction to data analysis, probability and statistics from an information systems perspective, including many of the techniques that are most relevant to the profession of Data Scientist for business, data and web analytics, as well as current data sets
- Overview of rudiments of probability and random variables, estimation, special distribution and sampling, Markov processes, hypothesis testing, graphics and visualization
Information on the online Graduate Certificate in Digital Marketing Essentials:
- 12 credits – four classes
- One year to complete on average
- Study is fully online
- Financial Assistance is available for students who study part-time with 6 credits or more.
- This Graduate certificate is a stand-alone credential that can lead to a corresponding NJIT Master’s degree in Professional and Technical Communication that also can be studied fully online.
- New Jersey residents studying online and/or on campus are charged, as always, in-state tuition rate. Residents living anywhere in the world outside New Jersey qualify for the affordable graduate online tuition rate. This rate is significantly lower than the out-of-state fee to attend graduate classes on campus.
NJIT, New Jersey’s science and technology university, enrolls approximately 10,000 students pursuing bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in 127 programs. The university consists of six colleges: Newark College of Engineering, College of Architecture and Design, College of Science and Liberal Arts, School of Management, College of Computing Sciences and Albert Dorman Honors College. U.S. News & World Report’s 2014 Annual Guide to America’s Best Colleges ranked NJIT in the top tier of national research universities. NJIT is internationally recognized for being at the edge in knowledge in architecture, applied mathematics, wireless communications and networking, solar physics, advanced engineered particulate materials, nanotechnology, neural engineering and e-learning. Many courses and certificate programs, as well as graduate degrees, are available online through the Division of Continuing Professional Education..