Students will learn to critically analyze learning situations in order to develop integrated plans for curriculum and assessment systems to attain learning goals and demonstrate desired outcomes for learners.
Newark, New Jersey (PRWEB) July 10, 2014
New Jersey Institute of Technology’s Division of Continuing Professional Education announces Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design, Evaluation, and Assessment. This new graduate certificate is being offered online, with blended/hybrid meeting times for those with geographic proximity to Newark, and synchronous communication opportunities for those in remote locations. It will benefit directly K-16 teachers, administrators, and corporate trainers faced with the instructional design and educational measurement demands being placed on them to ensure that their students are learning what they are being taught. Educational professionals in this program will learn to critically analyze learning situations in order to develop integrated plans for curriculum and assessment systems to attain learning goals and demonstrate desired outcomes for learners. Seamless integration of technology awareness and application will augment the study of theory and research to foster creativity and problem-solving skills to plan, assess, and improve learning.
This credential prepares educators and trainers to accomplish their jobs using the most-up-to-date tools, methods, and techniques. These include how to more effectively design online courses, as well as how to integrate appropriate assessment strategies that accurately measure learner subject mastery and overall school and program performance. The combination of the core courses and electives will provide educators and trainers with the opportunity to gain a strong basis in the theory and practice of designing meaningful curriculum with valid assessment and evaluation methods, so that these areas can work together and complement one another.
The certificates core courses will allow busy working professionals the opportunity to earn a graduate degree in an area relevant to their professional development. You may choose to take one, a few, or all of the courses offered for this credential. The 3-12 graduate credits you earn are applicable to the NJIT MS in Professional and Technical Communication, or may be transferable to Masters in Education programs at other institutions of higher education.
The Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design, Evaluation, and Assessment teaches you the following:
- Designing Integrated Curriculum, Learning, and Assessment Systems
- Design of Instruction and Assessment Methods
- Technology in Classroom and Learning Environments
- Designing and Developing Web-based Instruction
- Evaluation of Programs and Practice
Information on the Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design, Evaluation, and Assessment:
- 12 credits – four classes
- One year to complete on average
- Study online, with blended/hybrid meeting times for those with geographic proximity to Newark, and synchronous communication opportunities for those in remote locations.
- Financial Assistance is available for students who study part-time with 6 credits or more.
- This Graduate certificate is a stand-alone credential that can lead to a corresponding NJIT Master’s degree in Professional and Technical Communication that also can be studied fully online, or may be transferable to Masters in Education programs at other institutions of higher education.
- New Jersey residents studying online and/or on campus are charged, as always, in-state tuition rate. Residents living anywhere in the world outside New Jersey qualify for the affordable graduate online tuition rate. This rate is significantly lower than the out-of-state fee to attend graduate classes on campus.
NJIT, New Jersey’s science and technology university, enrolls approximately 10,000 students pursuing bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in 127 programs. The university consists of six colleges: Newark College of Engineering, College of Architecture and Design, College of Science and Liberal Arts, School of Management, College of Computing Sciences, and Albert Dorman Honors College. U.S. News & World Report’s 2014 Annual Guide to America’s Best Colleges ranked NJIT in the top tier of national research universities. NJIT is internationally recognized for being at the edge in knowledge in architecture, applied mathematics, wireless communications and networking, solar physics, advanced engineered particulate materials, nanotechnology, neural engineering, and e-learning. Many courses and certificate programs, as well as graduate degrees, are available online through the Division of Continuing Professional Education.