San Antonio, Texas (PRWEB) January 01, 2015
Low interest rates, a demand-side market and other factors will define San Antonio’s luxury real estate market in 2015, according to experts from KW-San Antonio Portfolio Real Estate.
Powered by Keller Williams Luxury Homes International, the locally owned, luxury real estate boutique held its grand unveiling last month. This week, three of KW-San Antonio Portfolio Real Estate’s agents provided their predictions for the area’s luxury housing market in 2015:
1) Low interest rates will continue pushing new luxury sales. “This year, properties over $2 million in San Antonio were flying off the shelf,” said KW-San Antonio Portfolio Real Estate agent Matthew Resnick. “Luxury real estate sales should continue with the lower rates we are experiencing.”
2) San Antonio’s broad appeal will bring in more buyers. “San Antonio was just ranked the most stable real estate market in the country by the Home Buying Institute,” said fellow KW-San Antonio Portfolio Real Estate agent Paula Christo. “The San Antonio luxury market will continue to thrive due to the excellent value, amenities, and job market opportunities. It will be helpful for buyers, who will have more to choose from. It will be helpful for sellers by having more prospective buyers.”
3) The market will be heavy on demand versus supply. “Supply is dwindling,” Resnick said. “People are starting to build. Developers are playing.” Resnick said the lack of balance can pose a challenge to buyers. “It's tough. I have had clients that can't find that ideal home among those listed on the market.” How does he address the dilemma? “By profiling homes both on and off the market and contacting homeowners with potential offers.”
4) But the increased demand is also a sign of a healthy market in 2015. Fellow agent Patti Nelson notes the plus side of the demand/supply issue going into the New Year. “For a long time, the luxury market was pretty saturated, but we're seeing a lot more buyers, and I think that will continue in 2015,” Nelson said. “Our area is so desirable right now – being right in the middle of so much oil & gas business, like the Eagle Ford Shale Project."
5) Working with an experienced luxury real estate agent will be crucial. “Sellers will need to choose an agent that is familiar with the luxury market in San Antonio,” Christo said. “Agents will need to identify and quantify the special qualities the home offers. They will need extensive knowledge on how to market the home in the luxury market segment. They will need to promote the home internationally, as well as locally through networking with other luxury agents.
“Buyers should also choose an agent that has knowledge of the current inventory of luxury homes and the neighborhoods in which they are found,” Christo said. “This is challenging, but critical to providing buyers the full complement of housing options.”
Resnick, Christo and Nelson are part of a team that has already attracted more than 30 of the most esteemed luxury agents in the city. KW-San Antonio Portfolio Real Estate’s agents cover all of the luxury neighborhoods in the San Antonio area and bring to the table decades of knowledge and experience in the real estate market.
San Antonio marks the second location for the Portfolio brand, which opened an Austin office in 2011. In order for Portfolio’s agents to be a part of the exclusive group of elite luxury Realtors®, they must first meet a rigorous set of criteria, including earning the designation of Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist.
About KW-Portfolio San Antonio Real Estate
KW-Portfolio San Antonio Real Estate is a locally owned luxury real estate boutique powered by the nationally acclaimed Keller Williams Luxury Homes International. For more information, visit SAPortfolioRealEstate.com, or connect with us on Facebook.