"Physicians nationwide are adding $250K - $1+ million/year by adding weight loss to their practice."
(PRWEB) January 07, 2015
Marketdata Enterprises, Inc., the leading independent weight loss market analyst and consulting firm since 1989, is hosting a new, intensive 2-day conference in Orlando, FL, March 13-14, 2015. The conference will provide step-by-step instruction for Physicians, Physicians Assistants, Nurses and Dietitians interested in getting into the weight loss business.
“The momentum in the weight loss market today is with small-mid-sized medical weight loss chains. Obesity is now recognized as a disease, and the Affordable Care Act provides unprecedented opportunities for medical professionals to provide counseling services and have all of it paid by insurance. This is a tremendous competitive advantage. In addition, there is no seminar, webinar, online or offline course, book or other venue for MDs to learn the business of running a successful diet program or clinic. This is the ONLY place where medical professionals can get the business training they need,” according to Marketdata’s President, John LaRosa.
See: http://www.DietShow2015.com for agenda, speakers, registration
Expert Speakers Will Cover These Topics:
- Overview of the weight loss market, the competition, dieter trends, how to benefit from the Affordable Care Act’s Preventative Care Benefit, why medical weight loss programs now have the momentum and edge over commercial plans.
- Types of weight loss programs, medications and services available to offer
- How to find your niche, set up and market your program, pricing, how to track clients
- Start-up costs, typical revenues & profits, expenses, websites, staffing the program
- Franchising and licensing as a growth model
- Successful weight loss clinics: how they do it- experience of an MD using the Medifast protocol
- Services that offer zero interest installment plans for your clients
- How to use private label meal replacements in your program, dealing with vendors
- The importance of quality weight loss counselors, where to find them
- Integrating a dietitian into your program
- The use of dietary supplements, risks vs. rewards
- Optional & complementary services MDs can offer (hormone testing, etc.).
“There is no national weight loss trade association and the clinical groups representing bariatricians (obesity specialists) and bariatric surgeons don’t offer any business courses about setting up and running a medical weight loss program. MDs, PAs, Nurses and RDs have to learn this on their own. But where? There is NO such program. Our conference is it,” according to John LaRosa.
Speakers: John LaRosa (Marketdata Pres. and 25-year diet industry analyst, consultant), Lucille Beseler, RD, Candace Burch, ZRT Laboratories, Jonathan Emord, Attorney, David Doiron, CEO WeightLoss MD, CareCredit Spokesperson, Dr. Yousef Elyaman, MD (Internist using Medifast program for 7 years).
Sponsor and Exhibitor Packages Are Available – Call for details (813-907-9090)
Exhibit booths and ample time for networking are provided.
The media is welcome to attend.
Marketdata Enterprises, Tampa, FL, is a 25-year analyst of the $60 billion weight loss market, since 1989. The company has authored 56 in-depth market research studies about all ten segments of the diet market. The company also performs custom research and consulting projects, teleconferences and webinars for diet companies, MDs, start-ups, and entrepreneurs. Marketdata also operates a free weight loss industry news website called DietBusinessWatch.com. John LaRosa, MBA, holds teleseminars and conference calls as well.