Sealy, Texas (PRWEB) January 10, 2015
American Business Continuity Domes, Inc. (“ABC Domes”) and Dome Technology, the U.S.-based alliance that develops and builds disaster-resistant, steel-reinforced concrete domes, was awarded the contract to build a Safe Room/Gymnasium dome for the City of Eastland and The Eastland Independent School District in Eastland, Texas.
SEDALCO, the general contractor based in Fort Worth, Texas, awarded the contract for the dome, which was designed by Cutright & Allen, Inc. of La Grange, Texas. ES2 of Idaho Falls, Idaho, engineered the 12,500 square foot dome.
The dome, 126 feet in diameter, features 16’8” stem walls and a post tensioned cast in place ring beam. Designed primarily as a FEMA-compliant Safe Room for local residents, the dome will serve a dual purpose as a gymnasium. Construction is scheduled to begin in January with completion slated for the fall of 2015.
ABC Domes’ facilities provide near absolute protection from hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes and fires, and are utilized by a variety of industries for purposes ranging from secure storage to disaster recovery and business continuity. The domes are built for use as:
- FEMA-361 Compliant Storm Shelter Domes * ! Disaster Recovery Command Centers
- Fukushima Flex Storage Facilities
- Luxury Hospitality Outlets
- Emergency Equipment and Vehicle Storage ! Bulk Storage
- NARA-Compliant Records and Data Storage ! Community Centers
- Sports Arenas and Gymnasiums ! Offices
- IT Server Parks & Data Centers
ABC Domes offers a commercial structure that exceeds the norm for safety, security, durability, sustainability, efficiency and economy. Because of their strong and ergonomic shape, and use of superior building materials, the domes are virtually unaffected by time, weather, seismic activity, or manmade assault, thus meeting standards for near-absolute survivability. Built to withstand a minimum of 250 mph wind speeds, the domes are the most disaster-resistant structures that can be built, and at a price-to-value ratio more favorable than traditional construction.
ABC Domes is the only dome builder to earn the Producer Member qualification of the National Storm Shelter Association, having successfully completed the rigorous testing and third party review process required by the organization.
For further information, please contact Lisa Schunack at 305.633.3336. Or, visit:
- The interviewer / reader / viewer should not infer that the use of the word FEMA implies any formal or informal relationship between FEMA and American Business Continuity Domes Inc. (“ABC Domes”) or any member of the Strategic Alliance or organization or individual noted in this document or referenced in any interview. FEMA neither sponsors nor endorses any event, activity, product or service as referenced herein.