Applying mindfulness, combined with the methods used by sport psychologists to keep professional athletes at the top of their game, I show traders how to develop their trading skills and take their trading performance to new levels.
Glastonbury, CT (PRWEB) January 12, 2015
In his new book, Trade Mindfully: Achieve Your Optimum Trading Performance with Mindfulness and Cutting-Edge Psychology, Dr. Gary Dayton (TradingPsychologyEdge.com) presents the two crucial components of the “last true edge” for making money in today’s markets:
1) A mindful approach to trading that applies cutting-edge mental skills to conquer the unique mental challenges provoked by trading, and
2) An innovative psychological framework for systematically and deliberately developing and mastering trading skills. (ISBN-10: 1118445619, Wiley, Dec. 2014)
"If there was a holy grail in trading, I would say the closest is mindfulness. Combined with the methods used by sport psychologists to keep professional athletes at the top of their game, I show traders how to develop their trading skills and take their trading performance to new levels," says Dr. Dayton, founder of TradingPsychologyEdge.com.
Mindfulness is a state of mind that helps traders remain focused on what really matters in a trade. Akin to “being in the zone,” mindful traders avoid becoming hijacked by strong emotions and faulty thinking that cause mistakes and costly losses.
"Trade Mindfully" extends the limits of trading psychology and offers a practical process for developing and mastering trading skills and abilities—both mental and technical. Dr. Dayton shows traders how to dynamically improve the way they trade, enhance their performance, and achieve mastery in trading.
In "Trade Mindfully," Dr. Dayton answers the following questions:
- What makes "Trade Mindfully" different from other books on trading psychology?
- What are the common mental traps that cause trading losses and missed opportunities?
- What is mindfulness and why is it so beneficial to traders and their trading?
- Is eliminating emotions from trading actually a good or bad idea? Why or why not?
- How can sport psychology be applied to trading to positively impact traders' skills and abilities?
- In addition to psychological skills, what else can traders do to improve themselves mentally to become better traders?
Dr. Gary Dayton is a trading psychologist, educator and active trader. He teaches advanced trading skills through Deep Practice—a weekly on-line training where traders elevate their chart reading and psychological trading skills. He has presented to traders across the globe and stands apart as a trading psychologist in his use of mindfulness and the human performance model of psychology.
Established in 2009, TradingPsychologyEdge.com offers free resources and paid courses on both trading psychology and the Wyckoff trading method. Many traders have learned to read the market through price and volume without indicators and improve their trading performance with mindfulness and cutting edge psychology.