“I can’t think of a better way to kick off 2015 than on a USO tour to Japan surrounded by our troops and their families," said Irvine. "This tour has been truly life changing and it’s not over yet. I have got many more hands to shake, more troops to ...
Arlington, VA (PRWEB) January 07, 2015
Twitter Pitch: @RobertIrvine makes #USOmoments on @the_USO tour to Pacific
Known for his muscular physique, delectable dishes and spirited nature, chef Robert Irvine is one of today’s most talented chefs on television. Currently in Japan as part of the USO’s first entertainment tour of 2015 – Chef Irvine is busy this week making troops and their families laugh, and their bellies full as he visits six military bases and leads a series of instructional cooking demonstrations. ***USO photo link below***
- Designed to kick off the new year in a big way, so far Chef Irvine has visited Camp Shields, Kadena Air Base, Camp Schwab and Camp Foster, and created moments with hundreds of troops and military families. Later this week he will visit Camp Hansen and Yokota Air Base.
- Aside from joining troops as they PT each morning, Chef Irvine is also touring military work sites, dining alongside service members in the DFAC, relaying his gratitude, and meeting & greeting with families.
- Chef Irvine is also leading several instructional, multi-sensory and interactive culinary experiences – where he is walking troops and their families through some of his most popular recipes, overseeing them as they apply his techniques and providing onsite culinary tips.
- This is Chef Irvine’s first official USO tour, after recently designing a fall-inspired, five-star dinner menu for the 2014 USO Gala in Washington, DC.
- With more than 25 years in the culinary profession, Chef Robert Irvine has cooked his way through Europe, the Far East, the Caribbean and the Americas from five-star hotels, in remote deserts and on the high seas. A native of England, Robert joined the British Royal Navy at age 15, and spent the next 10 years touring Europe aboard various naval ships, including the Royal Yacht Britannia regularly cooking for the queen and the royal family. Expanding his passion for cooking, Robert quickly rose from mentee to mentor, serving as executive chef for The Trump Taj Mahal, head chef for the 2006 Academy Awards, award-winning author, entrepreneur and host of several Food Network shows including “Restaurant: Impossible,” now in its eighth season. Adding to his long list of accomplishments Irvine launched a line of baked protein bars, Fit Crunch, followed by a new a fitness and nutrition book, “Fit Fuel” in 2014.
- The USO’s “Every Moment Counts” invites Americans to join the USO and Chef Irvine in honoring and creating moments for our nation’s troops and their families this year. This tour, much like the campaign, centers around the countless every day moments – from family dinners and date nights to children’s births and milestone celebrations with loved ones – that our troops and their families selflessly sacrifice due to their commitment and service to our country. To learn more visit USOmoments.org or join the conversation on Facebook or Twitter using #USOMoments.
Attributed to Chef Irvine:
“I can’t think of a better way to kick off 2015 than on a USO tour to Japan surrounded by our troops and their families. This tour has been truly life changing and it’s not over yet. I have got many more hands to shake, more troops to thank and a lot more moments to help create before the end of my tour.”
USO Tour Photos: http://bit.ly/1wWQTS9
About the USO
The USO lifts the spirits of America’s troops and their families millions of times each year at hundreds of places worldwide. We provide a touch of home through centers at airports and military bases in the U.S. and abroad, top quality entertainment and innovative programs and services. We also provide critical support to those who need us most, including forward-deployed troops, military families, wounded warriors, troops in transition and families of the fallen. The USO is a private, non-profit organization, not a government agency. Our programs and services are made possible by the American people, support of our corporate partners and the dedication of our volunteers and staff.
In addition to individual donors and corporate sponsors, the USO is supported by President’s Circle Partners: American Airlines, AT&T, BNSF Railway, Clark Construction Group, LLC, The Coca-Cola Company, Grand Canyon University, JCPenney, Jeep, Johnson & Johnson, Kroger, Northrop Grumman Corporation and TriWest Healthcare Alliance and Worldwide Strategic Partners: BAE Systems, BIC, The Boeing Company, ConAgra Foods, FedEx, Harris Teeter, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft Corporation, Procter & Gamble, TKS Telepost Kabel-Service Kaiserslautern GmbH & Co. KG and Wawa Inc. We are also supported through the United Way and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC-11381). To join us in this important mission, and to learn more about the USO, please visit uso.org.