Washington, DC (PRWEB) January 08, 2015
Publicly traded health insurers are accumulating gains in equity market valuations well above even the record-setting pace being set by the broader market. And major gains in the new year could be ignited by a range of diverse factors — expectations for millions of new public exchange customers, Medicaid expansion, rapid growth of new payment models, major new private exchange enrollment increases, the popularity of Medicare Advantage, and continued moderate medical utilization. “Wall Street’s Forecast for Health Insurers: Picking 2015’s Winning and Losing Trends and Companies,” the Jan. 20 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, will discuss how the health insurance sector — and individual health plans — are likely to perform in 2015.
Participants will hear from Carl McDonald, a director and senior analyst covering the managed care industry for Citi Investment Research and Analysis, and Neal Freedman, a director in the Insurance Ratings group at Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services. In 60 minutes of expert presentations followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions, they will provide valuable perspectives and reliable answers to questions that include:
- Which trends are most likely to boost health plan profitability in 2015?
- Will private exchanges, pay-for-value contracting and narrow-network strategies win more favor in the new year? How will these factors affect earnings and stock valuations?
- Will possible revenue growth from Affordable Care Act enrollment and Medicaid expansion outweigh possible higher medical utilization and the ACA’s new fees and taxes?
- Will medical loss ratios be a positive or negative factor for major plans in 2015?
- How concerned is Wall Street about the threat to the ACA from a Republican Congress and Supreme Court ruling on the legality of federal exchange subsidies?
- To what extent will new insurer strategies on Medicaid and Medicare programs help withstand serious reimbursement reductions?
- Should we expect more or less M&A activity in 2015 than we saw in 2014?
- Which health carriers are positioned to profit the most from today’s turbulent market changes?
- Is there a health insurance sector stock bubble that is about to burst?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c5m01_012015 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.