DevExpress started out with the versatile ExpressGrid, and, 16 years later, continues that ground-breaking tradition with customer-focused enhancements across the whole VCL product line
Glendale, CA (PRWEB) January 07, 2015
DevExpress is proud to announce the immediate availability of its newest release for the Delphi and C++Builder development community: DevExpress VCL v14.2. With DevExpress VCL technologies, developers can create next-generation user experiences on the Windows platform and deliver high-impact, high-performance solutions that fully address the evolving needs of their enterprise.
“DevExpress started out with the versatile ExpressGrid, and, 16 years later, continues that ground-breaking tradition with customer-focused enhancements across the whole VCL product line,” said Julian Bucknall, Chief Technology Officer at DevExpress. “We realize that customers need to leverage existing skillsets and technology investments in order to meet tomorrow’s challenges head-on and that’s what our v14 series has been providing.”
What’s New in DevExpress VCL 14.2
New and improved royalty-free UI controls and functionality shipping as part of v14.2 include:
- New Gauges Control: advanced data visualization controls for dashboards.
- Community Technology Preview of a Rich Edit Control: word processing capabilities right inside applications.
- New Camera control: add the ability to take photos using built-in cameras or webcams from within the application.
- Find Panel inside the ExpressGrid: search for text in any column of the dataset being shown by the grid.
- Route planning with the Map Control: use Bing Maps to calculate and display routes.
- Persistent print settings with the Spreadsheet Control.
To learn more about DevExpress VCL v14.2 and explore what's new across all DevExpress product lines, visit: https://www.devexpress.com/Subscriptions/New-2014.xml
Customers with an active subscription can download DevExpress VCL v14.2 today. To obtain a free 30 day trial, visit: https://www.devexpress.com/Home/try.xml
DevExpress offers feature-complete UI controls for Delphi and C++Builder, allowing VCL developers to build their best and create stunning applications for Windows - without limits or compromise. With DevExpress tools, VCL developers can create business solutions customers expect today and leverage existing skillsets to build next-generation applications for tomorrow.
Join the conversation: visit us online at DevExpress.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+