It is incumbent upon our firm to share our expertise with the industry at events like this. We’re excited to participate in such a visible way.
WASHINGTON, D.C. (PRWEB) January 08, 2015
Fourteen infrastructure experts from HNTB Corporation will be at the Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting Jan. 11-15, 2015, speaking on a wide variety of industry topics revolving around the meeting’s theme, “Corridors of the Future”:
- Cameron McGown, PE, project manager: Freeway and interchange design
- Travis Konda, Ph.D., PE, project engineer: Low volume road bridges – critical issues
- Katie Belmore, PE, Engineer III and Steven Cyra, PE, PTOE, national traffic operations lead: Understanding the Traffic Incident Management capability maturity model framework
- Dominic Spaethling, support team lead: Intercity and high-speed rail passenger demand forecasting; and socioeconomic and financial aspects of intercity passenger rail
- Keli Kemp, AICP, Atlanta director of transportation planning, and Garth Lynch, PE, AICP, Atlanta assistant director of transportation: Congestion pricing and priced managed lanes
- Tony Shkurti, Ph.D., SE, PE, principal structural engineer: Methods for analyzing steel bridges
- Mark Ramsey, PE, West Division tunneling and underground practice leader and Raymond Sandiford, PE, FASCE, national geotechnical and foundation practice leader: Instrumentation and monitoring for tunnels in urban environments
- Feng Miao, structural engineer: Steel bridge fatigue and fracture
- Nevin Gomez, EIT, overhead contact systems engineer: Advancements in structural systems
- Josh Channell, AICP LEED® AP, department manager, environmental planning: Meeting environmental commitments in design-build projects
- Brian Pieplow, AICP, LEED AP BD+C, Southeast Division principal planner: Transportation in military communities
“HNTB is an industry leader when it comes to providing transportation solutions,” said Mike Inabinet, HNTB Southeast Division president. “It is incumbent upon our firm to share our expertise with the industry at events like this. We’re excited to participate in such a visible way.”
Approximately 12,000 attendees are expected at the meeting throughout its five-day schedule. HNTB is a patron sponsor and also is anticipating approximately 175 guests at its client reception Jan. 12.
The TRB Annual Meeting covers all modes of transportation, with more than 5,000 presentations in nearly 750 sessions and workshops addressing topics of interest to all attendees, including policy makers, administrators, practitioners, researchers and government representatives. For more information about the event, please click here.
HNTB Corporation is an employee-owned infrastructure firm serving public and private owners and contractors. With more than a century of service, HNTB understands the life cycle of infrastructure and addresses clients’ most complex technical, financial and operational challenges. Professionals nationwide deliver a full range of infrastructure-related services, including award-winning planning, design, program management and construction management. For more information, visit http://www.hntb.com.