Austin, TX (PRWEB) January 09, 2015
Design Lab, a concept boutique of all and only Texas Designers, rings in the new year celebrating six months and growing to showcase 30 Texas-based fashion designers. The Oasis, Texas store was also recognized by Austin Monthly in the Best of the City 2014 awards as the ‘Best New Shopping Concept’. The new designers joining Design Lab since its Summer opening include: Adrienne Yunger, Artifact, Cattiva, Daniel Esquivel, Gay Isber, Isabella Rose Taylor, Milli Starr, Owl Eyes and Soco Hammocks.
As announced in the December 2014 issue of Austin Monthly, Design Lab earned a Best of the City 2014 award, selected by magazine editors and readers. Design Lab was awarded Best New Shopping Concept and noted as a way to support local creatives with shopping over 25 Texas brands (now at 30). Austin Monthly also commented on Design Lab’s other offerings, hosting fashion camps, music series and art exhibits.
Since the 2,000 square foot store opened this Summer, customers have been impressed by the highly curated yet diverse variety of Texas-based fashion designers showcased within Design Lab walls. Owner Linda Asaf, a nationally renowned fashion designer herself, has worked hard to build a selection that now tops 30 different Texas area designers of merchandise ranging from jewelry and eyewear to children’s clothing and women’s apparel.
“We have been so excited by the interest from the designers eager to be part of this unique collection, and even more excited by the response from the community shopping Design Lab,” said Asaf. “Recognition from Austin Monthly in its Best of the City Awards echoes what we keep hearing from so many influencers, bloggers, fashion industry leaders, and most importantly, our customers: Design Lab is something special, unique, different, and well worth a shopping trip!”
The 9 new designers who have joined 21 other brands showcased at Design Lab since its Summer opening include:
- Adrienne Yunger: award-winning San Antonio-based designer of cocktail and bridal attire with couture construction and details: http://www.adrienneyungerapparel.com/
- Artifact: author of best-selling book, 'Polymer Clay Gemstones: The Art of Deception' and creator of Artifact, modern tribal jewelry.
- Cattiva: fashion forward, anti-aging line of cosmetics and colors that simplifies a women's routine and include vitamins and super hydrators such as coconut water and hyaluronic acid: http://www.cattivacosmetics.com/
- Daniel Esquivel: Project Runway alum apparel designer with classic high fashion looks with a modern, edgy twist
- Gay Isber: dramatic and beautiful jewelry concoctions:
- Isabella Rose Taylor: 13 year old fashion designer and artist with a namesake juniors clothing line which is an ensemble collection for the ever-evolving teen spirit: http://www.isabellarosetaylor.com/
- Milli Starr: spectacular hats and headpieces, each meticulously hand-blocked and hand-stitched using centuries-old couture methods, but re-interpreted for a modern lifestyle in comfort, shape and color: http://www.millistarr.com
- Owl Eyes: graphic tee shirts capturing the human spirit while accentuating the culture, love, music and light around us all: http://owleyesteeshirts.com/
- Soco Hammocks: fun, colorful hammocks made of 100% premium parachute nylon for durability, built with fair wage manufacturing, giving back 10% of sales to humanitarian non-profit companies: http://www.socohammocks.com/
About Design Lab:
Design Lab is a concept boutique of Texas Designers located at Oasis, Texas, a complex of hand-picked eclectic eateries and shops located adjacent to the iconic Oasis Restaurant at Lake Travis. The vision of owner and designer Linda Asaf, Design Lab currently showcases 30 Texas-area designers. Beyond the ongoing collection, Design Lab hosts seasonable and pop-up collections, as well as special events such as fashion camps, concerts, art exhibits and private parties or functions. For those visiting Austin and wanting a taste of Lake Travis, or for Austin area locals, especially those in Lakeway, Steiner Ranch, River Place and Cedar Park, the unique and special setting is perfect for a birthday party, a bridal shower, a reunion or just some fun shopping.