Chicago, IL (PRWEB) January 09, 2015
Financial Poise, The ChamberWise Education Consortium, and West LegalEdcenter are pleased to announce a joint webinar series, “Complex Financial Litigation” for 2015. The first episode, “Fighting Over Value in a Business Divorce” premieres on January 14, 2015 at 10am CT.
Speakers in this series include:
- Brett Amron, Bast Amron LLP
- John Barber, Tabet DiVito & Rothstein LLC
- Kirk Burkley, Bernstein-Burkley, P.C.
- Louis Chiappetta, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP & Affiliates
- Laura Davis Jones, Pachulski Stang Ziehl & Jones
- Eugene Geekie, Arnstein & Lehr LLP
- David Lieberman, Levin Schreder & Carey, Ltd.
- Chris McClure, Crowe Horwath LLP
- Teresa Pilatowicz, Gordon Silver
- Katherine Puffer, VH Valuations
- Adam Russ, Frantz Ward LLP
- Tom Salerno, Gordon Silver
As with all Financial Poise webinars, each episode in the series is designed to be viewed independently of the other episodes: think sitcom rather than soap opera. The first episode, Fighting Over Value in a Business Divorce premieres on January 14, 2015.
When two or more partners in a business split and go their separate ways, one will often buy the other(s) out. Sometimes this happens by negotiation and sometimes it is litigated. In either case, how is the price determined? This webinar will discuss how parties apply various valuation methods to advocate their respective positions and how courts approach the issue.
The other episodes in the series include those listed below.
- Anatomy of Earn-Out Disputes(February 11, 2015)
- Nuts and Bolts of Lost Profit Cases(March 11, 2015)
- Resolving Shareholders Disputes(April 8, 2015)
- Was the Debtor Insolvent? (May 13, 2015)
- Valuation Fights in Bankruptcy(June 10, 2015)
Produced in conjunction with West LegalEdcenter. 1.0 CLE credit available for each webinar episode.
Click here to learn more about the webinars in this series.
ChamberWise serves as a leading resource for member education among Chambers of Commerce around the globe. ChamberWise was founded in response to the need for more dynamic and diverse member education opportunities and more efficient and immediate content delivery systems among Chambers of Commerce around the world. Our mission is to provide high quality, relevant educational content at an affordable rate, while offering Chambers of Commerce a reliable and efficient source of revenue in the process.
About Financial Poise
Financial Poise, a division of DailyDAC, LLC, produces educational webinars for three core audiences: business owners and C-level executives, accredited investors, and their respective attorneys and other trusted advisors. Each webinar is developed and executed exclusively by professionals who are top performers in their respective fields of expertise.
About West LegalEdcenter
The cost-effective source for online and in-person legal training and CLE, West LegalEdcenter keeps attorneys up-to-date on the law and compliant with state requirements. Taught by the most prestigious names in the legal field, West LegalEdcenter covers both the core substance of law as well as hot topics in every practice area.