Austin, Texas (PRWEB) January 12, 2015
RackN® Inc, the pioneer in defining ready state operations for today’s open, scalable converged infrastructure and cloud platforms announced today that it is offering consulting, training, custom development and integration services for the open core project, OpenCrowbar.
“We define ready state infrastructure as having been configured so that the application lay-down steps are simple, predictable and at-scale.,” said RackN CEO and Co-founder Rob Hirschfeld. “RackN focuses on providing services around OpenCrowbar for enterprise, vendors and service providers that are in need of managing cost, reducing operational complexity and increased efficiencies in the data center.
Through automated, orchestrated provisioning of commodity hardware and sequencing the deployment and configuration of pre-requisite services, OpenCrowbar eliminates the complexity of writing and managing scripts and manually configuring servers and services so converged infrastructure, clouds and big data pods can operate with agility and at-scale. Through an integrated platform that gives users a comprehensive view of the ready state instantiation process, OpenCrowbar enables users to easily align IT operations with business objectives. With version 2.1, key functionality attracting OpenCrowbar users include:
- Graphical, Web and Command User Interfaces
- RAID – Automatically set RAID configuration parameters
- BIOS – Automatically set BIOS settings
- Out of Band Support- Configure and manage systems via OOB interface
RPM Installation – Install OpenCrowbar via a standard RPM instead of a Docker container
- SaltStack Integration – OpenCrowbar can install SaltStack as a configuration tool to take over after “Ready State”
Chef Provisioning (was Chef Metal) – OpenCrowbar driver allows Chef to build clusters on bare metal using the Crowbar API.
- Automated smoke test and code coverage analysis for all pull requests.
- Ready State Wizard – Define your configuration parameters in a UI
- OpenCrowbar Annealer – Algorithmic engine that allows for dynamic provisioning of hardware and services.
About RackN® Inc.
Based in Austin, TX, RackN builds open core software products to manage the cost and complexity of scale-out data center operations without limiting customer flexibility around hardware, networking or operational tooling. We focus on provisioning and maintaining physical infrastructure, operating systems and platforms at an operational ready state.