“Smart businesses appreciate that diversity is more than just an HR mandate; it is crucial to doing business in today’s world,” said Anthony Kendall, Chairman and CEO, Mitchell & Titus LLP
New York, NY (PRWEB) January 09, 2015
Mitchell & Titus LLP, the largest minority-controlled professional services firm in the US, celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2014. The firm marked this milestone by paying tribute to its history, clients and employees throughout the year. Mitchell & Titus, a certified Minority Business Enterprise (“MBE”), is the first minority-controlled accounting firm in the US to align with one of the Big Four firms.
“Over the last four decades, Mitchell & Titus has cultivated an environment that sustains diversity and promotes inclusion. Testimony to this is the fact that we employ individuals from 30 countries worldwide. In addition to our diverse and multicultural workforce, we are committed to supporting a diverse global economy by doing business with other MBE vendors and suppliers,” said Anthony Kendall, Chairman and CEO.
“But it is our unique strengths, unwavering integrity, and high level of service that have been integral to our success in meeting the needs of firms that, like us, are committed to doing business with MBEs and appreciate the vast resources of a world-class professional services firm,” Kendall noted.
The firm’s diverse and growing client base includes entrepreneurial firms through Fortune 1000 companies in the asset management, private equity, real estate, financial services, consumer products, life sciences, insurance, power and utilities, and media and entertainment industries. Our client base also includes an array of nonprofit and public sector entities.
“Mitchell & Titus has also made nurturing the next generation of multiracial leaders a hallmark of our firm. We recognize the importance and long-term value of inclusive talent and promoting from within,” Kendall said. “Within the last year alone, we promoted three professionals to partner.” The three include Alexander Reyes, Assurance Partner; Rick Gonzalez, Jr., the firm’s Advisory Lead Partner and Kevin Fuller, Tax Partner. All are located in the firm’s headquarters in New York City.
The company’s pioneering spirit has resulted in numerous industry firsts and key milestones over the past 40 years, including:
- 1978: In its first of several venture projects with the Big Eight accounting firms, the firm entered into a joint agreement with KPMG Peat Marwick (KPMG) to conduct New York City’s first independent audit.
- 1982: Phillip Morris USA Inc., an Altria company, signed as the firm’s first Fortune 500 client.
- 1986: Mary M. Centeno, named managing partner of the New York office, was the firm’s first female partner.
- 1987: Co-Founder Bert N. Mitchell was named the first black president of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- 2006: The firm became the first minority-controlled accounting firm in the United States to align with a Big Four professional services organization.
- 2012: The firm was recognized as Class III Supplier of the Year by the PA-NJ-DE Minority Supplier Development Council.
- 2012: Bert Mitchell was named as one of the Top 125 “People of Impact” in accounting by the Journal of Accountancy.
- 2014: The firm was named Class III Regional Supplier of the Year by the National Minority Supplier Development Council and Class III Supplier of the Year by the New York & New Jersey National Minority Supplier Development Council.
- The firm is headquartered in New York City and has offices in the District of Columbia,
Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Mitchell & Titus has been recognized by Minority Business News, Accounting Today, the Journal of Accountancy and SmartCEO magazine.
As a member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited, Mitchell & Titus offers clients a wide array of sophisticated, global services in addition to seasoned professionals that bring varied insight and creative options to every engagement. “Smart businesses today appreciate that diversity is more than just an HR mandate; it is crucial to doing business in today’s world,” continued Kendall. “The diversity of our firm allows us to bring various perspectives and innovative thinking to client matters. We believe this has become a hallmark of our firm and will continue to play a role in our growth and success over the next 40 years.”
About Mitchell & Titus, LLP
Mitchell & Titus, LLP is the preeminent minority-controlled professional services firm offering Assurance, Tax and Advisory services in the US. Our inclusive environment and diverse thinking result in creative options for our clients. As a member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited, clients can tap into a wide array of sophisticated, global services. At the same time, Mitchell & Titus’ heritage of quality and seasoned professionals bring varied insight to every engagement. For more information about our organization, visit mitchelltitus.com.
This news release has been issued by Mitchell & Titus, LLP, a member of the global EY organization that provides services to clients in the US.
Nina Dietrich, nina(at)percepture(dot)com, +1 201 493 8944
Kathie Gonzalez, kathie(at)percepture(dot)com, +1 720 320 4304
Mitchell & Titus, LLP:
Mary Corallo, mary(dot)corallo(at)mitchelltitus(dot)ey(dot)com, +1 212 709 4508