In the past two years, we have introduced several new product lines, innovations that yield great thermal performance and energy efficiency, and options that really deliver a ‘wow’ factor.
MEDFORD, Wis. (PRWEB) January 12, 2015
Weather Shield® Windows & Doors is making the most of its return to the International Builders’ Show (booth C4243), Jan. 20-22, 2015, by highlighting the breadth and depth of its product offering, including the Contemporary Collection™, Weather Shield Premium Coastal™, the Premium Series™, the Signature Series™, the Aspire Series™ and the Visions Series. A testimony to the company’s “ReInvented” status, the entire booth is a must-see, with the Premium Series bi-fold, and lift & slide patio doors, and the Contemporary Collection corner window considered total show-stoppers.
“We’re thrilled to share our new products with attendees of Design & Construction Week,” said Dave Koester, brand manager for Weather Shield. “In the past two years, we have introduced several new product lines, innovations that yield great thermal performance and energy efficiency, and options that really deliver a ‘wow’ factor. People are going to be impressed when they see the latest from Weather Shield.”
Weather Shield’s IBS booth showcases the company’s architectural product line, the Premium Series, with several custom configurations of windows, windows and transoms, patio doors and patio doors with transoms. The units highlight the many interior and exterior color, hardware and glazing options available in the Premium Series. The Premium Series products on display include:
- Lift & slide patio door with 2-1/4” thick panels and narrow stiles and rails, dark night exterior/Douglas fir Interior finished with clear satin stain and brushed nickel hardware
- Push-out French casement window with heritage brown exterior/knotty alder interior with clear satin stain, 1-1/8” simulated divided lites, rustic bronze hardware, adjustable friction hinge and retractable screen
- Traditional casement and awnings with espresso metallic exterior frame and trim, copper metallic exterior sash, cherry interior with clear satin stain, sequential locking system and brushed nickel hardware
- Eyebrow casement with adobe exterior/maple interior with rich mahogany stain, 7/8” and 2” simulated divided lites, rustic bronze hardware and sequential locking system
- 10’ tall full radius in-swing patio door with 2-1/4” panels in a sage green exterior/cherry interior with clear satin stain, 2" simulated divided lite grilles and oil-rubbed bronze hardware
- Full radius single hung with stone grey exterior/mahogany interior finished in fruitwood stain, concealed wood jambliner, 7/8" gothic simulated divided lites, rustic bronze historical locks and finger lifts, and ogee sash lugs
The Contemporary Collection
Weather Shield’s newest introduction, the Contemporary Collection, preserves outside views with its narrow-profile frames and sash, and stiles and rails that lend a sleek appearance and more exposed glass. A contemporary square glazing bead complements the narrow profiles of the units. The Contemporary Collection builds on the Premium Series, and as such is available in all the same styles, except double hung and sliding windows. The collection also includes a “vanishing” corner window, which has two panes that meet in the corner with only a very narrow strip of wood and strong aluminum internal support in between. The Contemporary Collection also offers similar options such as an unlimited exterior clad color palette and several choices of interior wood species, which come natural, primed, painted or prefinished. Multiple exterior anodized color options provides a stunning radiant metallic finish, and a black poly interior finish delivers a smooth and satiny look.
The Contemporary Collection products featured in the exhibition at the Builders’ Show include:
- Corner window with jet black exterior/maple interior with clear satin stain
- Bi-fold patio door with 2-1/4” panels and narrow stiles, boysenberry exterior/mahogany interior with clear satin stain, 7/8” contemporary simulated divided lites, oil-rubbed bronze hardware
- Hinged patio door with 2-1/4” panels, jet black exterior/maple interior with clear satin stain and brushed nickel hardware
- Picture sliding patio door with antique silver metallic painted exterior/jet black poly interior, no-rot fiberglass sill, multipoint locking system and brushed nickel hardware
Weather Shield Premium Coastal
The Weather Shield Premium Coastal product line of aluminum clad wood windows and patio doors are specifically designed for distinctive homes in coastal climates. The durable aluminum clad exteriors come standard with paint that meets or exceeds strict AAMA 2605 specifications for increased performance and durability. And, they are available in a nearly endless color palette: 12 standard colors, 45 designer colors and 8 anodized aluminum exteriors. Interiors can be specified in one of 7 species and 6 choices in finishes. Resistant to corrosion caused by salt spray, special seacoast hardware is an available as an option on Premium Coastal products.
Homeowners have several choices in glazing for their Premium Coastal windows and doors, ranging from standard insulated glass, to single-glazed impact that offers protection that predominantly meets the stringent Miami-Dade County testing requirements, to Zo-e-shield™ Coastal, which combines insulated impact resistant glazing with the energy efficiency of Zo-e-shield.
Builders’ Show guests can see Weather Shield’s Premium Coastal LifeGuard® casement with craftsman bronze exterior/vertical grain fir interior with golden oak stain, insulated impact glass and tan hardware. This unit is rated to +55/-70 psf wind zone 4 (D).
Weather Shield’s Signature Series is a complete mid-priced, aluminum clad product line for homeowners who desire wood windows with the industry’s most popular options. The Signature Series delivers excellent energy efficiency and thermal performance, dependable construction, and a host of interior and exterior color and hardware options.
Signature Series products on display at the show are:
- Casement and eyebrow transom in brick red exterior / pine interior finished in fruitwood stain, 7/8" simulated divided lites and rustic bronze hardware
- Double hung picture combination with white exterior, pine interior painted white, 7/8” simulated divided lites, full sash interlock and white hardware
Combining the low-maintenance properties of vinyl exteriors with warm wood interiors, the Aspire Series offers many attract features for builder and homeowners alike. The Aspire Series’ white, tan, cameo, or in select markets, desert tan, vinyl clad exteriors resist fading in the sun and are less susceptible to dents, scratches, flaking and peeling than wood exteriors. Interiors are standard pine, which can be primed or prefinished in one of four stain choices or painted white. The double hungs come with either a standard vinyl jambliner or an all-wood jambliner that delivers architectural details and clean sightlines – a feature not often found on value-priced products.
Weather Shield’s IBS display includes an Aspire Series double hung unit with a desert tan exterior and a pine interior with a fruitwood finish. Wood jambliners, 7/8” simulated divided lites and rustic bronze hardware provide the finishing touches. Beneath the surface, this, and all Aspire Series double hungs, have Weather Shield’s exclusive Symmetry Balance System™, a coil balance technology the delivers superior air and water performance, virtually effortless operation and helps it achieve a Class 3 AAMA rating.
Visions Series of premium vinyl windows and patio doors also offers a variety of options, including a vast palette of painted exterior colors . Builders’ Show attendees can see first-hand the quality and finish of painted vinyl in the Visions 2500 casement featured in the booth. It has a painted antique bronze metallic exterior and tan interior.
To find a Weather Shield dealer near you, visit http://www.weathershield.com/Find-A-Dealer.aspx.
About Weather Shield Windows & Doors
Founded in 1955, Weather Shield Windows & Doors is owned by the Schield family and is based in Medford, Wis. For more information on Weather Shield products, call 1-800-222-2995, or visit the company’s website at weathershield.com.
# # #
/NOTE: To receive an email link to the full IBS press kit when it becomes available, please email amy [at] renownmarketing [dot] com.