San Francisco, California (PRWEB) January 12, 2015
Scandit, developer of the leading software-based barcode scanning solutions for smartphones, tablets and wearable devices, today unveiled a new self-scanning solution designed to make next-generation mobile shopping easy and accessible to consumers while driving revenue and reducing costs for retailers. The new integrated solution, a part of its Mobile App Suite for Retail, features the company’s patented software-based barcode scanner, which is currently being utilized within successful self-scanning applications for global retailers including Coop, Ahold, Homeplus (Tesco) and more.
“In 1989, Marty McFly gave us a glimpse into what 2015 might look like, complete with incredible innovations like video calling, which now is a reality that makes our lives easier and more enjoyable. Unfortunately, some things—like pushing around a shopping cart or waiting in line to check out at a retailer—haven’t changed much at all over the past twenty-six years. That’s all about to change,” said Samuel Mueller, CEO of Scandit. “We’re kicking off 2015 by unveiling a next-generation technology that retailers can harness to offer consumers a truly futuristic shopping experience. From virtual shopping—in which consumers scan items on billboards in subways and add them to virtual baskets for future home delivery—to effortless checkout at retailers in which no kiosk or cashier is needed, and more, Scandit is powering the next wave in mobile consumer shopping while reducing overhead for retailers worldwide.”
The new solution empowers consumers on mobile devices to quickly and easily scan products as they shop and add them to virtual baskets or lists, review detailed product information, access their purchase history, receive deals and offers while shopping, and utilize new payment solutions like ApplePay to speed through checkout without ever utilizing a kiosk, and much more.
Scandit self-scanning technology also benefits retailers in a number of ways by enabling them to:
- Offer customers a futuristic new shopping and checkout experience. Let your customers take control of their shopping experience by empowering them to scan items as they shop and effortlessly check out, resulting in shorter lines and fewer abandoned items.
- Unlock retail space and drastically reduce costs. Scandit’s self-checkout app allows retailers to reduce the number of traditional checkout stations required, reducing operational costs. With fewer traditional checkout stations, retailers can reserve valuable front-of-store real estate for product showcases.
- Push offers to increase customer basket size. Pushing coupons and deals to customers as they shop—especially when focusing on previous purchase history— increases the likelihood of new and repeat revenue.
- Gain intelligence from real-time analytics. Retailers are able to make more strategic business decisions based off clear, real-time consumer behavior data.
- Seamlessly integrate with mobile apps and IT infrastructure. The Scandit mobile app template and source code can be effortlessly customized for branding, messaging, and user experience while mobile frameworks and enterprise-grade backend services connect seamlessly to existing IT infrastructure.
Hands-on demo and Scan Race at National Retail Federation (NRF) Big Show – Booth #657
Scandit invites attendees at the 104th Annual Retail’s Big Show 2015 (January 11-13, 2015 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City, NY) to visit booth #657 for a hands-on demo of the new solution. As the provider of the fastest barcode scanning technology available today, Scandit also plans to host a Scan Race at the booth during which contestants are encouraged to scan as many items as they can before their time is up.
Scandit delivers high performance mobile solutions for smartphones, tablets and wearables, designed to transform consumer engagement and operational efficiency for today’s forward-looking enterprises. Scandit solutions are built on its patented software-based barcode scanner and are used in a variety of industries including retail, manufacturing and logistics. With more than 15,000 licensees in 80 countries, Scandit processes hundreds of millions of scans per year and develops enterprise-grade solutions for many of the world’s most prestigious brands including Ahold, Bayer, Coop, Homeplus (Tesco), NASA and Saks Fifth Avenue. Founded in 2009 by a group of researchers from MIT, ETH Zurich and IBM Research, today Scandit and its network of global integration and technology partners are pushing the boundaries of mobile AIDC (automatic identification and data capture), delivering groundbreaking identification and data capture applications to customers. For more information visit http://www.scandit.com.