With such a varied and talented group of individuals, we’re excited to be a part of this process,
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) January 15, 2015
The elmspring accelerator, Chicago’s seed-stage technology accelerator for real estate and related fields, announced the selection of five tech start-ups for their second session launching this month.
Participants will begin an intensive three-month program to develop and prepare their businesses for an investor pitch day, with the help of seed capital, elmspring’s growing network of advisors and mentors, and pro bono legal and professional services. The elmspring accelerator co-locates at 1871, Chicago’s leading digital hub for entrepreneurs, where participants will enjoy access to other mentors, investors, and other entrepreneurs, as well as high-tech office space.
Participants in session 2.0 are:
- CondoGrade: Grades the financial health of condominium associations to assist buyers, sellers, real estate agents, and lenders in evaluating, pricing, marketing and financing. CondoGrade also provides condo specific research, tools, and analysis that contribute to efficient, transparent and integrated real estate markets.
- HerbFront: A commercial real estate marketplace exclusively for the Cannabis industry. The company helps cannabis entrepreneurs find qualified and willing real estate owners in each market, supplies zoning and mapping tools, and allows real estate owners to market their property directly to Cannabis entrepreneurs.
- PeerRealty: Provides a new, innovative and targeted means to connect investors to real estate investment opportunities. PeerRealty breaks from tradition by creating a platform where middle-market investors ("Peers") have access to the best developers and sponsors in the real estate marketplace, while also allowing for developers to expand their network.
- Megalytics: Provides a one-stop shop for business and financial risk evaluations. Through the real time aggregation of third-party data sources with borrower specific data, the company gives lenders the most comprehensive view of all relevant and best available information needed for decision making.
- Camp Native: A national platform for finding and booking the perfect campsite. A trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique campsites around the world.
“We’re ready to get to work,” says elmspring CEO Tom Bretz. “With such a varied and talented group of individuals, we’re excited to be a part of this process, and to see how they challenge and push each other. Any of these ideas could be the core of a significant business. We have the structure and resources in place, and with these entrepreneurs we definitely have the talent.”
Bretz and the elmspring team are hopeful that this second session will be just as successful as the first. Startups from the inaugural session such as ReaLync and College Annex are doing exceptionally well. College Annex is starting the New Year off right by turning a profit and boasting a presence at 19 major universities nation-wide. ReaLync is also expanding its reach. By the close of the elmspring session ReaLync secured $300,000 in seed funding, began doing business in Florida, California, and New York City, and increased their user base to over two thousand. The elmspring team is more than proud of the inaugural group's accomplishments and is looking forward to more of the same the second time around.
For more information on the elmspring accelerator, contact: info(at)elmspringchicago(dot)com