The who’s who of the cocoa and chocolate industry is convening in Singapore for key discussions pertaining to supply demand dynamics, market trends governing the industry as well as innovations in chocolate flavouring and more.
Singapore (PRWEB) January 27, 2015
The who’s who of the cocoa and chocolate industry is convening in Singapore for key discussions pertaining to supply demand dynamics, industry market trends as well as innovations in chocolate flavouring and more. Among the speakers are Dennis Melka, Founder / CEO of United Cacao Limited SEZC sharing his perspective on ‘New Cocoa Plantation Project in Peru’ and V. Srivathsan, Managing Director for Africa & Middle East at Olam International Limited presenting the company’s ‘Cocoa Position and Value Chain Activities in Africa’. Joing them is Gerard Stapleton, Head of South-East Asian Research of LMC International Ltd sharing a 'Global View on the Future of Cocoa Market and Dynamics of Butter/ Powder Balance’.
Additionally, key developments in Emerging Consumer Markets of China will be examined by Shanghai BBCA Aloha Chocolate Ltd while that of India will be reviewed by Kreative Chocolates.
Meanwhile, country-specific cocoa production trends will be presented via sessions below:
- Colombia: Diversifying the cocoa market with fine flavor cocoa varieties – Zarahemla Fine Foods
- Malaysia: Innovations and product development to grow Malaysia as Asia's cocoa producer – Malaysian Cocoa Board
- Philippines: Can Philippines emerge as the top quality cocoa bean supplier? – Kennemer Foods International, Incorporated (KFI)
- Vietnam: Raising the bar for best cocoa quality in Asia– Puratos Grand-Place® Vietnam
- West Africa: Ghana: Adding value to our raw materials & improving cocoa quality and yield – Niche Cocoa Industry Ltd
Other noteworthy sessions to look forward to are:
- Flavors: Solutions for Cocoa Supply and Quality Variations – Flavor Creation and Ingredients, Firmenich SA – HQ
- Consumer Trends and Preferences in Chocolate Consumption – Euromonitor
- Increasing Productivity by Supporting Conservation and Use of Cocoa Genetic Diversity – Mars Global Chocolate
- Yield Improvement & Innovative Techniques in Cocoa Agronomy – CIRAD
- A Taste for Cocoa – Capital Markets’ Appetite for Cocoa Related Investments – Hardman & Co
- Cargo Loss Prevention and Insurance during Marine Transportation (from loading up to discharge) of cocoa beans – Filhet-Allard Maritime
- Making the Most of Africa’s Cocoa Economy: Afreximbank’s Africa Cocoa Initiative (AFRICOIN) – African Export Import Bank (AFREXIMBANK)
- Improving Qualities of Cocoa – CIRAD
Visit Cocoa Revolution summit website or Contact Ms. Huiyan at +65 6346 9113 for more details.