Ashburn, VA (PRWEB) January 21, 2015
Aretech, LLC announced today it will be showcasing the ZeroG Gait and Balance Training System at the American Physical Therapy Association’s Combined Sections Meeting in Indianapolis, Indiana February 4-7, 2015. ZeroG is a robotic overground body-weight support system that prevents falls while offloading a portion of a patient’s weight with dynamic body-weight support as the robot tracks their movements on an overhead track. With ZeroG, patients can safely begin intensive training as soon as they are medically stable, factors known to relate to best outcomes1.
ZeroG contains many unique features, not found in similar systems, which present a significant advancement to therapists in the treatment options for their patients in gait, balance and practicing functional activities. ZeroG is the only robotic overground system using dynamic body-weight support that has interactive balance programs with biofeedback, interactive games played through movements, dynamic fall recovery, treadmill integration and custom harnesses with therapist shaping handles.
“We’re excited to be at APTA-CSM again this year so therapists can experience ZeroG and try the new features which greatly expand upon the clinical uses of the system. It's always fun to see therapists react the first time to everything ZeroG can do,” said Dr. Joe Hidler, CEO of Aretech, LLC and inventor of ZeroG. “We are relentless in our efforts to advance the rehabilitation field and by continuing to innovate, we have taken ZeroG to the next level. Not only does ZeroG have the highest performance2, safety, and quality in its class, we are confident the new features of ZeroG will help many more patients in achieving optimal recovery outcomes.”
About the ZeroG Gait and Balance Training System
Aretech’s patented ZeroG Gait and Balance Training System is listed with the Food and Drug Administration and certified to the highest levels of safety. ZeroG provides patients dynamic or static body-weight support, protects them from falls, and includes interactive balance programs and games. More than 20,000 patients worldwide have used ZeroG in therapy in the top rehabilitation centers. Aretech develops and manufactures ZeroG at company headquarters in Ashburn, VA.
Advantages of Using ZeroG
- Safely treat the widest range of patients, with the widest range of diagnoses, across the widest range of activities.
- Patients can safely begin their walking therapy early after neurological and orthopedic injuries, with early and intensive therapy being the most effective at promoting recovery1.
- Therapy intensity can be modulated with dynamic body-weight support.
- Biofeedback motivates and cues patients.
- Lowers the risk of injury to patients and therapists.
- A single therapist can train even the largest, most impaired patients.
- Functional activities such as obstacle avoidance, sit-to-stand, floor transfers and stairs can be practiced safely.
- Monitor and track performance and functional progress.
About Aretech, LLC
Aretech, LLC, based in Ashburn, Virginia, is the world leader in robotic overground body-weight support systems. The company has a strong commitment to quality, innovation, and developing technology based on evidence-based research. Aretech develops and manufactures the ZeroG line of products at company headquarters while continuing to collaborate with physical therapists, physicians and scientists to advance their technologies. Additional information about Aretech, LLC can be found at http://www.aretechllc.com.
1. Horn, et al. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2005, 86(12 Suppl 2):S101-S114.
2. Hidler, et al. J Rehabil Res Dev. 48(4):287-98, 2011