The MOU will provide the motor vehicle industry with consistent copper reduction guidelines, eliminate disparate state regulations and create a level playing field for brake product manufacturers.
WARRENDALE, Pa. (PRWEB) January 19, 2015
MEDIA ADVISORY: 2-3 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 21, Washington, D.C.
On Wednesday, Jan. 21, Representatives of the U.S. Environment Protection Agency (EPA), the Environmental Council of the States (ECOS) and motor vehicle industry associations will sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the agency and the motor vehicle industry for the reduction of copper in brake pads.
The MOU will provide the motor vehicle industry with consistent copper reduction guidelines, eliminate disparate state regulations and create a level playing field for brake product manufacturers. It is the result of a collaborative effort between the regulatory agency and the motor vehicle industry.
WHEN: 2:00-3:00 p.m. ET, Wednesday, January 21
WHERE: Room 148, the Washington Convention Center (off the L Street entrance) in conjunction with the SAE 2015 Government/Industry Meetin g. NOTE: Interested participants do not have to register for the SAE meeting in order to attend the MOU signing.
- Stan Meiburg, Acting Deputy Assistant Administrator, The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Robert J. Martineau Jr., President, Environmental Council of the States, and Commissioner, Tennessee Department of Environment & Conservation
- Ann Wilson, Senior Vice President, Government Affairs, Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA), and Executive Director,
- Representatives of signatory associations:
- Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers
- Association of Global Automakers
- Auto Care Association
- Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA)
- Brake Manufacturers Council (BMC)
- Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association
- Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA)
- Truck and Engine Manufacturers Association
- Society of Automotive Engineers International
RSVP: Media who would like to attend the event should contact media(at)mema(dot)org