Chicago, IL (PRWEB) January 20, 2015
Anthem Marketing Solutions has released the eighth installment of its semi-annual study comparing online and in-store pricing of consumer goods across a range of regularly purchased categories. The key findings in this study include:
- 71% of items reviewed were found at same price online and offline
- Beauty category had highest proportion of items priced lower online
- Almost 90% of Hardware/Home Improvement items same price both offline and online
- Office/School Supplies only category with offline price edge
- Pharmacy retailers had lowest level of pricing consistency across channels
- Most online coupons are applicable to the basket, not individual items
Across almost every category, price tier and store you are likely to find a lower price online when a price variance exists. There are still bargains to be had in-store - they are just becoming more difficult to find. All categories maintained or increased in proportion of items with an online price advantage excluding the Office/School Supplies category which had an overall in-store price advantage.
In this study, the impact of coupons on channel advantage is also explored. In the online channel you are more likely to find broad site or category-wide discounts, further extending the online price advantage.
View our study here: http://www.anthemedge.com/index.php?/news/pr/online-instore-pricewars-version8
About Anthem Marketing Solutions
Anthem Marketing Solutions is a data-driven marketing agency that provides strategy and cutting-edge tools to solve challenges for today’s omni-channel marketer. Serving a broad range of industries, from casual dining to home services and B2B product distribution, Anthem is one of the fastest growing companies in America, according to Inc. Magazine's Annual Inc. 500|5000 rankings in 2012 and 2013. Learn more about our products & services at anthemedge.com or email us at info(at)anthemedge(dot)com.
Anthem Marketing Solutions