Wi-Fi Un-leashed is a game changer. This is like adding millions of towers to our network in a single day.
Miami, Florida (PRWEB) February 05, 2015
Ever since the debut of streaming TV (Netflix anyone?), Internet users have been finding broader and broader uses for wireless Internet.
Now, the “next big thing” may be here: WiFi Calling.
WiFi calling uses the Internet to fill in gaps in mobile coverage, allowing smartphone users to text and call even in areas where there is no phone network. Calling over WiFi also minimizes data and minute charges, so phone customers save money on their plans.
T-Mobile (http://www.cnet.com/news/t-mobile-makes-big-wi-fi-push-on-heels-of-iphone-6s-wi-fi-calling/), AT&T (http://www.cnet.com/news/at-t-plans-to-offer-wi-fi-calling-in-2015/) and other top carriers are introducing wireless Internet calling in 2015 – exponentially increasing the value of WiFi.
“We keep coming up with new ways to use the Internet,” says Steven Scheck, Principal of Inspire WiFi. “It’s moved beyond an information-sharing tool, and now it’s making more and more things simpler: first TV, and now phone service.”
WiFi calling is slated to be especially valuable in apartment communities, where cellphone signals often get dropped.
“This is a revolutionary development for multifamily residential communities since cell phone signal is quickly becoming a requirement for prospective residents,” Scheck says. “Essentially, it means that if your apartment complex has WiFi, you’ll always have cell phone service.”
WiFi calling aside, wireless Internet remains one of the most essential amenities for apartment communities nationwide based on recent studies.
- In a recent NAA survey, high-speed Internet Access was overwhelmingly voted the No. 1 most influential innovation for apartments. (NAA Survey)
- In a recent survey, 75% of Americans said they can spend a week without coffee, but not without WiFi. (Wi-Fi Alliance Survey)
- 60% of Americans can’t go without WiFi for over a day. (Broadcom Survey)
- 44% of Americans use WiFi to remain connected with their families. (Wakefield Research Survey)
- 87% of Americans are looking for more free WiFi availability. (SmartBrief Media Survey)
T-Mobile CEO John Legere said it best, “Wi-Fi Un-leashed is a game changer. This is like adding millions of towers to our network in a single day.”
Inspire WiFi is a leading nationwide wireless provider offering solutions for the multifamily, healthcare and hospitality industries. Visit their website (http://www.inspirewifi.com) to learn more about WiFi calling or about installing a network at your location.