We are pleased to be recognized by Gartner for our APM capabilities and leadership.
BOSTON, Mass. (PRWEB) January 21, 2015
Dynatrace, (formerly Compuware APM) and the market leader in the new generation of application performance management (APM), today announced that Gartner has given Dynatrace the highest product scores in three of five use cases for Application Support, Application Development and IT Operations in Gartner’s “Critical Capabilities for Application Performance Monitoring” report . Dynatrace also received the second highest score in DevOps Release and third highest score in the Owner or Line of Business use case categories. Gartner evaluated 12 APM vendors in the report.
To tweet this announcement, click here.
Gartner's Critical Capabilities research provides a comparative analysis that scores competing products or services against a set of critical differentiators and offers actionable advice to IT leaders on which vendor products/services they should add to their shortlists for further evaluation based on their communities and the use cases that are most critical to their businesses now and in the foreseeable future.
Dynatrace received the highest scores (out of 5) for the following use cases:
- Application Support (4.27): Application support teams are primarily concerned with end-to-end application behavior, the degree to which application execution faithfully reflects business process execution requirements and ability to determine -- at code level -- what needs to be fixed to solve an application performance problem.
- Application Development (4.54): Application developers are interested in understanding trade-offs between functionality and performance and being able to test impacts of features and changes they deliver on service levels and resource consumption.
- IT Operations (4.26): IT operations teams are focused on end-user service levels, impact of applications on infrastructure behavior and ability to rapidly determine which elements in a complex application topology are sources of application performance problems.
Dynatrace received the second highest score (out of 5) for the following use case:
- DevOps Release (4.10): Organizations creating a second mode of operations, and moving toward agile development, continuous integration and, ultimately, continuous release find APM tools critical. They provide an important language with which developers and those supporting applications can communicate. These organizations are often tasked with DevOps as a cultural and technological change.
Dynatrace received the third highest score (out of 5) for the following use case:
- Owner or Line of Business (3.65): Business decision makers want access to dashboards that signal, at an aggregate level, the health of major business applications and, where possible, show correlations between application execution and revenue gain and loss.
"Since pioneering the APM revolution in 2005, Dynatrace has helped thousands of companies manage the performance of their digital services, and deliver an outstanding user experience anywhere, anytime” said Nicolas Robbe, Chief Marketing Officer for Dynatrace. “We are pleased to be recognized by Gartner for our APM capabilities and leadership.”
For a free trial or Dynatrace, click here.
Disclaimer: Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Dynatrace is the innovator behind the new generation of Application Performance Management. Our passion: helping customers, large and small, see their applications and digital channels through the lens of end users. Over 5,800 organizations use these insights to master complexity, gain operational agility, and grow revenue by delivering amazing user experiences.
Follow Dynatrace on:
- Twitter - @Dynatrace
- About:Performance Blog
Try the free Dynatrace Performance Test here.
Kayla Siefker, Senior Public Relations Manager, Dynatrace, kayla(dot)siefker(at)dynatrace(dot)com, 313-227-1402
Jackie Lucas, Warner Communications, 978-526-1960, Jackie(at)warnerpr(dot)com
For Sales and Marketing Information
Dynatrace, 404 Wyman St., Suite 500, Waltham, MA 02451, 781-530-1000