Given Sunset's credibility, reach, influence, and the robust participation of the industry in our first three years, we are confident that the Sunset International Wine Competition is one of the most important wine competitions in the country.
Menlo Park, CA (PRWEB) January 22, 2015
Sunset (http://www.sunset.com), the leading lifestyle brand of the West, has announced that entries are now being accepted for the 2015 Sunset International Wine Competition (SIWC). Applications can be submitted at http://www.sunset.com/siwc. The deadline to enter is April 17, 2015.
“Sunset readers love their wine!” said Sara Schneider, Sunset Wine Editor. “The average Sunset reader is likely to drink three or more glasses of wine weekly. That’s 10 million+ glasses a week consumed by Sunset readers alone, so of course we’re committed to introducing Westerners to the best wines from around the world.”
Now in its fourth year, the Sunset International Wine Competition has a proven track record for being one of the best-judged and most effective wine competitions in the country. Medal-winners gain unparalleled exposure to Sunset’s vast audience of Western wine lovers, including:
- Inclusion in the October 2015 issue (print and tablet editions), reaching 5.3 million wine-loving readers. Gold and Silver Medal winners will also be featured in a special section of the October issue.
- A downloadable PDF of our entire list of winners is featured on our website, reaching 1 million unique visitors monthly.
- The Sunset Wine Club exclusively features competition medal winners.
- Medal-winning wines are poured and promoted at Sunset consumer events, including our annual Celebration Weekend and Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast, collectively drawing more than 30,000 wine fans.
- Select medal winners will be featured at a Grand Tasting on the Sunset Wine Cruise. Co-hosted by Sara Schneider and Margo True, the Sunset Wine Cruise sets sail from Barcelona to Monte Carlo August 5-12, 2015.
- Medal-winning wines are spotlighted on social media, and in various stories and PR initiatives throughout the year.
“Given Sunset's credibility, reach, and influence; top-notch judging talent; and the robust participation of the industry in our first three years, we are confident that the Sunset International Wine Competition is one of the most important wine competitions in the country,” said Amy Olmsted, Sunset’s Associate Publisher.
The deadline for submission and wine delivery is April 17, 2015. Prior to March 27, the cost is $99 for each online entry and $109 for each application submitted by paper, fax or email. After March 27th fees increase to $119 for every online entry and $129 for all non-online submissions.
Award winners will be announced in the October 2015 issue of Sunset magazine and simultaneously on Sunset.com. Full competition details are available on Sunset.com/siwc.
Committed to gathering the best judges in the West, Sunset has more than 40 judges already confirmed. From Master Sommeliers and Masters of Wine to instructors, wine writers, and winemakers, Sunset’s judging panel includes some of the most experienced tasters in the field.
Sunset has again named Joel Peterson as Honorary Chair for Winemaker Judges. Peterson, founder and winemaker of Ravenswood Winery, is widely considered one of the deans of West Coast winemaking.
Serving again as Honorary Chair for Journalists is Sunset magazine’s own wine editor, Sara Schneider. Sara has been nominated twice for James Beard Awards for magazine feature reporting and is the co-author of the book California Wine Country: A Sunset Field Guide.
Sunset (http://www.sunset.com) is the leading lifestyle brand in the West. Through magazines and books, events and experiences, and digital and social media, Sunset covers the West's best flavors, destinations, design trends, and innovations. Sunset engages and inspires an audience of over six million educated, active and affluent consumers every month through its five regional print editions—Pacific Northwest, Northern California, Southern California, Southwest and Mountain—as well as via all tablet devices and its website. In addition to its print and digital publication, Sunset showcases the region’s unique lifestyle and noteworthy destinations through its flagship events, established home programs, licensing partners, books and International Wine Competition. Sunset is produced by Time Inc. (TIME), one of the largest media companies in the world.