Node.js is now informing entire patterns of engineering, setting a new industry-wide standard for modern computing by enabling modular, iterative workflows that support the demands of ‘always-on’ customers. -- Charles Beeler, producer, Node Summit
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) January 22, 2015
Node Summit, the only conference focused on how Node.js is transforming the future of computing, today announced new headline speakers for the third annual Node Summit, taking place February 10-11, 2015 in San Francisco at the Mission Bay Conference Center. Launched in 2011, Node Summit seeks to engage Node.js experts, enthusiasts and developers in a discussion of the dynamic runtime’s place at the center of the growing web ecosystem. Speakers will participate in content-rich discussions, panels, and featured presentations, as well as in NodeTalks –real-world case studies highlighting high-profile web applications across the Node ecosystem.
The conference will feature speakers from a cross section of the technology industry involved in implementing Node.js, including application developers, component and device makers, data center providers, network operators, platform and service creators and leading innovators. More than 80 speakers are confirmed to take the stage during Node Summit, including Travell Perkins, CTO, Fidelity; Antonio Silveria, VP Engineering of GoDaddy; Eran Hammer, Director of Node Services, Walmart; Scott Anderson, Director of Software Engineering, MasterCard Worldwide; and Jeff Harrell, Director of Engineering at PayPal. Raquel Vélez of npm will be serving as Emcee of the proceedings.
At Node Summit, business leaders and technology experts will come together to explore how Node.js is enabling the creation of real-time, high performance, scalable, networked applications. Attendees will learn how Node.js impacts businesses and consumers today and hear visionary ideas for future implementations of the runtime.
“As Node.js has evolved, its influence has moved beyond its original role in application design,” said Charles Beeler, producer of the Node Summit Conferences. “Node.js is now informing entire patterns of engineering, setting a new industry-wide standard for modern computing by enabling modular, iterative workflows that support the demands of ‘always-on’ customers.”
In addition to featured speakers, Node Summit 2015 will include the return of NodeTalks, where leading technology experts from across the Node ecosystem will share real-world Node.js case studies and give talks highlighting the rapidly growing number of high profile web applications that rely on the emerging Node.js ecosystem. More information is available on the NodeTalks page at nodesummit.com.
Topics covered at the third annual Node Summit will include:
● Enabling Better Living with Node.js. Node.js is enabling innovation at the application layer for an entire class of applications that redefine daily living. Banking, shopping and transportation are just a few markets where Node.js is helping to fundamentally change users’ digital lives. Hear from the innovators in these categories, discover which markets are likely to be impacted next and learn why Node.js is a key enabler of this innovation.
● Biz Ops of Node.js. This year’s Summit will offer in-depth discussions on scaling applications, teams and reach. Sessions will include best practices for designing, deploying, and debugging business-critical Node.js applications. Node Summit will include a broad range of talks and tutorials given by experts with hands-on experience who will share their insights on successful Node implementations.
● People Logic for the Digital Age. From monolithic departments to modular teams, this year’s Summit will help attendees learn to align workflow and culture. Startups and enterprises will share their successes, and offer suggestions on how to balance the need for efficiency and structure while allowing for creative freedom.
● Betting Big on Node.js. Hear from some of the leading start-ups betting their future on Node.js and meet some of the angels and venture firms that have backed them. These startups are an integral part of the future of Node.js and their vision for the future of Node.js provides insights for any companies using or considering Node.js in their development environment. Discussions will explore the current Node.js market, as well as future opportunities for startups leveraging Node.js.
● The Future of Node. The community of people and companies working with Node.js has increased exponentially over the past few years, with a number of mission critical applications relying on the future success and vibrancy of Node.js and the community that drives it forward. Hear from some of the key people focused on the long-term success of Node.js and be part of the dialogue on the future of the project.
Sponsors and Media Partners
Node Summit 2015 Platinum sponsors Heroku, IBM and Joyent are joined by event Gold sponsors Bugcrowd, F5 Networks, Go Daddy, Modulus, npm, Rally Ventures, Red Hat and StrongLoop, as well as Silver sponsors Apigee, AppDynamics, Atlassian, CA Technologies and PayPal. Node Summit 2015 Media Partners include acmqueue, Big Data Cloud Inc., Churchill Club, O’Reilly Media, SF Beta and VentureBeat. Sponsorships that reach top-tier enterprise technology influencers and dealmakers are still available. Visit the Node Summit 2015 sponsor page for more information.
As in previous years, this year’s Node Summit is expected to sell out. Anyone looking to connect with relevant players in the Node.js ecosystem – technology experts, business leaders, entrepreneurs and venture capitalists – should not miss this seminal event. Register today to ensure your spot.
About Asynch Media
Asynch Media is focused on the intersection of technology, business and innovation. Asynch's goal is to be the premier producer of events and content that relate to the real-time collaborative nature of the web and technologies that enable businesses to benefit from disruptive innovation. Node Summit is its flagship conference with Node.js as the central tenet of today's real time web.