Houston, TX (PRWEB) January 22, 2015
The 2015 Black Diamond Award acknowledges fuel projects that have had the greatest impact driving the emerging LNG market forward over the past year. Nominees will be honored during Hart Energy’s World LNG Fuels conference. Nominees are selected from several key industry sectors based on merit and evaluated on key metrics. The 2015 nominees will be honored and a Black Diamond winner will be announced during the event’s Tuesday afternoon session.
The World LNG Fuels conference and exhibition will be held February 2-4 at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas. A panel of industry experts selects the best LNG fuel project based on the following criteria:
- Greatest technological innovation
- Best project execution
- Introducing the largest market to LNG
- Overcoming the greatest risk
- Mining & Industry: Alpha Natural Resources’ LNG fueled mine truck deployment
- Marine: Totem Ocean Trailer Express’ twin Marlin Class vessels
- Rail: Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway’s deployment of LNG fueled locomotives
- Oil & Gas: Stabilis’ work to develop an oilfield-focused LNG fuel supply network
- LNG Fuel Supply: FortisBC’s ongoing expansion and usage of its Tilbury peak shaver in a fuel supply role
Last year, judges chose five finalists from each of five advancing LNG fuel markets
- Marine: Buquebus’ Montevideo-to-Buenos Aires high-speed ferry
- Rail: Canadian National Railway’s locomotive demonstration
- Oil & gas field services: Noble Energy’s Keota, Colo. project
- Highway trucking: UPS’ U.S. highway truck rollout
- Industry: Omya’s Florence Vt. quarry and calcium carbonate plant
2014 Winner: Buquebus’ high-speed ferry – Marine nominee
2nd Runner Up: UPS’ LNG fueled truck fleet deployment – Highway trucking nominee
3rd Runner Up: Omya’s calcium carbonate quarry – Industry nominee
Held annually in the energy capital of Houston, the World LNG Fuels conference attracts key decision-makers, buyers and influencers from across the LNG fuel spectrum. The conference and exhibition (part of Hart Energy’s recent acquisition of Zeus Intelligence) benefits business development activity, providing increased market insight and opportunities to cultivate relationships.
About Hart Energy
For more than 40 years, Hart Energy editors and experts have delivered market-leading insights to investors and energy industry professionals. The Houston-based company produces award-winning magazines (such as Oil and Gas Investor, E&P and Midstream Business); online news and data services; in-depth industry conferences (like the DUG™ series); GIS data sets and mapping solutions; and a range of research and consulting services. In April 2014, Hart Energy acquired Zeus Intelligence, a leading information provider to the LNG market. For information, visit hartenergy.com.