Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) January 23, 2015
TotallyHer Media’s Momtastic (http://www.momtastic.com), a leading destination offering inspiration and solutions for family and life, announced today its January Guest Editor: Molly Sims. This month, the actress, model, and mother added a new role to her résumé by authoring her first book, titled The Everyday Model: My Beauty, Fashion, and Wellness Secrets Made Simple. Having previously been the Guest Editor for TotallyHer’s theFashionSpot, Molly now joins a distinguished list of guest editors from Momtastic, including Christina Applegate, Amanda Peet, Jennifer Nettles, and Camilia Alves.
“The ability to truly connect with Momtastic’s loyal community, and share my experiences during my second pregnancy has been wonderfully therapeutic—both as a mother and author,” said Sims. “Taking on the role of Guest Editor has been an amazing way to start the New Year!”
Noteworthy quotes from Molly’s Momtastic blogs:
20 Questions: Molly Fills Us In
- By far, writing a book is: “WAY harder than acting or modeling.”
- You’re preparing Brooks for the new baby by: “Talking about what a great big brother he’s going to be and how much we will need his help. Really engaging him as much as we can on how our lives are going to be different once the new baby arrives.”
- Your strangest pregnancy craving has been: “Three hot chocolates in one go.”
- The thing that’s surprised you most about motherhood has been: “There is no longer freedom without guilt.”
- Your favorite date night spot with your husband is: “Having dinner at the Tower Bar.”
Pregnancy Style: My Top 5 Rules for Looking Great with a Bump
- "Do not immediately reach for maternity clothes. Go one size bigger than you normally wear. Especially in your first trimester, don’t jump the gun! You can find great, affordable pieces that you can also enjoy post pregnancy."
- "Use a belly belt band. You’ll be able to wear your regular pants longer."
- "Build a 'go-to' core pregnancy wardrobe. The essentials: A maxi skirt, leggings, and tops that you can layer with jean jackets, boyfriend jackets, cardigans, and sweaters."
- "Don’t be afraid to wear fitted clothing. Being pregnant doesn’t mean you have to hide your shape. Embrace your curves and accentuate your assets. Wearing clothes that are too baggy will just make you look bigger."
- "Be creative with the clothing you have. I love taking a button-down shirt, undoing the bottom couple buttons, and tying it into a cute little knot."
“When Molly served as Guest Editor for theFashionSpot, her ‘stylish mom’ posts were very popular—so we knew that she’d be a huge hit with the Momtastic community,” said Rebecca Schmitt, Vice President and General Manager of TotallyHer Media. “Once again, she has connected with our readers on a personal level through her funny, inspiring, and relatable stories. We are delighted that she’s become a reoccurring guest within the TotallyHer family.”
To read all of Molly’s posts, visit: http://www.momtastic.com/hub/guest-editor.
Momtastic (http://www.momtastic.com) is an all-inclusive web destination combining premium content and community for mothers. The site helps over 6 million moms (January 2014, comScore) each month by answering real questions, providing support and delivering inspiration for everyday life.
Momtastic was created to address a void in the market by combining the best of mom communities, blogs, and premium content publishing and now brings in 40 million page views per month (January 2014, comScore). Momtastic covers all the subjects that interest moms, with sections dedicated to Pregnancy, Parenting, Food, Health, Style, Shopping, Life, and Entertainment. Momtastic speaks with moms, offering a supportive, honest, entertaining and real voice across all the topics they care about.
Momtastic is a part of TotallyHer Media, an Evolve Media publishing vertical dedicated to women and their families.