The World Championships offer an extraordinary opportunity for skiers coming to Vail this season.
Vail, Colorado (PRWEB) January 27, 2015
Vail, Colo., is offering the best of both worlds to visitors during the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships, Feb. 2 – 15, 2015. Travelers not only can see the top ski racers from 70 nations compete (race viewing is free) and attend the daily schedule of complimentary events ranging from “beer camp” to a CeeLo Green concert on offer, but they can still enjoy their own downhill adventures at Vail Mountain Resort. Just steps to complimentary transportation to the many events and activities as well as to the Vail Lionshead Gondola, the Antlers at Vail hotel on the banks of Gore Creek offers guests an ideal home base for the festivities.
“The World Championships offer an extraordinary opportunity for skiers coming to Vail this season,” says Rob LeVine, general manager of the Antlers at Vail. “Vail will be fully open for guest skiing, and in addition visitors will be able to watch best-in-the-world ski racing and partake of Vail’s celebratory atmosphere as we show international racers and spectators alike a good time.”
In addition to offering its regular lodging prices for comfy suites with room to spread out and full kitchens, the Antlers at Vail will honor its regular winter specials during the February races, including a 15-percent discount on a stay of 5 nights or more and the chance to book a spring room for $129 with every winter night’s stay.
Free events for guests during the February World Championships include:
- Feb. 3 – 14: Sip a cocktail, groove to live music and meet official 2015 mascots and racers like Vail local and world champ Lindsey Vonn at Après Avon, a 12-day concert and street fair from 2 – 5:30 p.m. on Avon’s Main Street Mall.
- Feb. 3-14: Enjoy favorite brewskis and attend instructional tasting events at Sierra Nevada’s Winter Beer Camp daily from 4 – 8 p.m. outdoors at the International Bridge in Vail.
- Tuesday, Feb. 3: “Music is sunshine,” says multi-platinum positive-message musician Michael Franti. Michael Franti & Spearhead will perform at 7 p.m. at Vail’s 2015 Championships Plaza.
- Thursday, Feb. 5: Enjoy the action of skiers pulled by horses, dogs and motor vehicles at RMX Skijoring, noon – 4 p.m. in downtown Minturn.
- Sunday, Feb. 8: Recent winner of “The Voice” Craig Wayne Boyd will bring his Texas country sound to the Vail Championships stage.
- Tuesday, Feb. 10: Disco icons KC and the Sunshine Band will perform popular hits like “Get Down Tonight.”
- Saturday, Feb. 14: Five-time Grammy Award Winning singer-songwriter-producer CeeLo Green will take the stage on Valentine’s Day.
A complete calendar of events is posted on the 2015 Vail/Beaver Creek FIS Alpine World Ski Championships website.
About the Antlers at Vail:
The Antlers at Vail hotel offers a relaxed Vail lodging experience in a fabulous mountain setting and was recently awarded a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and GreenLeader status. With condominiums ranging from studio suites up to four-bedroom penthouses, every unit at the Antlers enjoys a fully-equipped kitchen, fireplace, private balcony, daily maid service, and complimentary wi-fi and parking. The Antlers has an A+ location on the banks of Gore Creek, just steps from restaurants, galleries, shops, free Vail town shuttle and the Lionshead Gondola. And Antlers’ staff is always ready to help with – and offer an insider expert take on – dinner reservations, activities or any other guest request. For more information, call 1-800-843-8245 or visit http://www.antlersvail.com.
Contact: Anne Parsons, WordenGroup Public Relations, anne(at)wordenpr(dot)com, 303.777.7667