Washington, DC (PRWEB) January 27, 2015
Four former U.S. “Drug Czars” will take part in a once-in-a-lifetime panel discussion about our nation’s drug policies. The panel, entitled “Our Nation’s Drug Policy: Past, Present and Future,” will take place on Tuesday, Feb. 3, 2015 at Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America's (CADCA) 25th Annual National Leadership Forum, the nation's largest and premier training event for substance abuse prevention and treatment professionals and researchers that brings together more than 2,500 community and state leaders from across the country. The panel will be moderated by award-winning journalist Susan Page, Washington Bureau Chief for USA Today.
When it comes to drug policy, our nation is at an incredible time of change. During this historic dialogue, some of the country’s top drug policy experts will come together to reflect on the evolution of U.S. drug policy, how the landscape looks today for substance abuse prevention, treatment, intervention and recovery, and where we’re headed. Never before have these leaders been on one stage together so this promises to be a lively discussion.
- Susan Page, Washington Bureau Chief, USA Today
- Dr. William Bennett, 1st Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) under President George H.W. Bush
- Dr. Lee P. Brown, 3rd ONDCP Director under President Bill Clinton
- General Barry McCaffrey, 4th ONDCP Director under President Bill Clinton
- John P. Walters, 5th ONDCP Director under President George W. Bush
Tuesday, Feb. 3, 8:30-10:30 a.m.
Media interview opportunities available immediately following panel discussion.
Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center, Potomac Ballroom
201 Waterfront St., National Harbor, MD