Accurate measurement of podcasts is the holy grail to monetization of this hugely trending sector.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) January 28, 2015
Spreaker announced today the addition of an analytics tool to help bring more standardized measurement of podcast listenership to the marketplace. While the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) forms a ‘Podcasting Standards Committee’ to define important standards for the future, Spreaker has taken the initiative today to help podcast creators identify and reach their audience more accurately and effectively with this tool.
By leveraging the YouTube API to garner more metrics, Spreaker users can now easily create “videos” from their podcasts and upload them on Youtube automatically so that their content is simultaneously available across one of the most visited sites used not only for video, but increasingly to listen to audio only as well. The audience data is imported and aggregated together with other sources for a more holistic insight into the analytics of the listenership.
“While YouTube has become one of the most popular destination for audio, no one has leveraged it for talk-related content until now,” said Francesco Baschieri, founder and CEO, Spreaker. “YouTube drives millions of podcast streams and by utilizing Spreaker’s platform we enable creators of this content to measure their audience more effectively by aggregating all of the analytical data into one place. Accurate measurement of podcasts is the holy grail to monetization of this hugely trending sector.”
Some of the statistics detailed in dynamic graphs by Spreaker’s analytics tool include
· On-Demand - Listeners that have accessed episodes or shows at any time.
· Number of plays – How many times a podcast has been listened to.
· Live - Listeners that have accessed a podcast while broadcasting live.
· Downloads - The number of times an episode has been downloaded.
· Likes - Gauge listener love by checking out the number of likes each episodes gets.
· Sources - Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, YouTube, and other networks are all traceable and clearly displayed.
· Geolocation - Listener geographics of most popular cities, as well as most popular countries.
· Demographics – Who’s attention has been captured. Now you’ll know. Male or female, young or old.
According to the Edison Research Share of Ear study, there has been over a 30% increase in podcast listening between spring and fall of 2014. Traditional AM/FM and satellite radio are now being eclipsed by online-based audio sources, including live streaming and podcasting, which dominate the audio consumption market.
Edison’s latest data indicates Spreaker’s timing coincides perfectly with market trends considering that Americans listen to approximately 21,117,000 hours of podcast audio every single day, creating massive untapped opportunities for marketers, advertisers and content producers alike.
Spreaker® is a fast growing company that offers robust free applications that empowers people to create, share and discover live audio broadcasts and podcasts from any computer, tablet or mobile phone. Spreaker is based in San Francisco and Berlin. For more information about Spreaker, please visit http://www.spreaker.com.