As organic and local food remains the basis for a sustainable, healthy lifestyle, people are changing the system to allow for everything from front yard veggie gardens to goats in cities and suburbs.
Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) January 29, 2015
Following the release of its annual consumer trends report, Garden Media Group has released an in-depth look at each of its nine garden trends in a new Whitepaper.
According to the 2015 Garden Trends Whitepaper, consumers are gardening to nourish their communities, the environment and their souls in 2015.
The 2015 Garden Trends Whitepaper notes the worldwide gardening and outdoor living market is expected to increase yearly by almost 3.5 percent through 2016, when it should reach almost $220 billion.
Outdoor living isn’t the only big shift, however.
“While consumers strive to preserve the planet, they also are working to change laws,” says Susan McCoy, trend spotter and president of Garden Media Group, the leading marketing firm in the lawn and garden industry. “As organic and local food remains the basis for a sustainable, healthy lifestyle, people are changing the system to allow for everything from front yard veggie gardens to goats in cities and suburbs. Even the common clothesline is making a comeback.”
According to the 2015 Garden Trends Report, people are beginning to truly understand the relationship between gardening and connecting with nature – and how this can lead to a fully satisfied, purposeful life.
What are some of the components that are fueling this sustainable lifestyle and contributing to eco-friendly gardens and outdoor spaces? Garden Media identified nine new trends driving major industry shifts.
1. The New Consumers: The millennial generation, young men and Hispanics, rank as the fastest growing segment of the U.S.
2. Wellbeing: Consumers want to make the world a better place – and they want brands to help them do it.
3. Garden-tainment: People are estimated to spend $7 billion on outdoor décor in 2015. They will use their outdoor spaces as an extension of their homes to entertain.
4. Bite-Sized Decadence: Small container gardens will pack a lot of punch in 2015.
5. Rebel-hoods: Neighborhood residents are rebelling against and campaigning for the reversal of ordinances. They will work to transform the neighborhood to the agri-hood.
6. Color Pops: This year, use trending color palettes – ranging from vintage to muted rustic to teal – to show off personality outdoors.
7. Portable Gardening: The rise of “NOwners”– those who prize freedom over homeownership— is fueling modular flexibility that allows for unique design and personalization.
8. Bed Head Style: Purposefully un-styled outdoor spaces are the result of intentionally working within the natural landscape. This casual landscape style expresses an effortless personality with an “anything goes” attitude.
9. Smoke Your Garden: With an increasing number of states decriminalizing marijuana, more people will begin growing their own and need seeds, plants and products.
The complete 2015 Garden Media Trends Whitepaper is available for free download. Individual global and garden trends for 2015 will be discussed in more detail every Thursday on the Garden Media blog, GROW!
Celebrating 26 years, Garden Media offers innovative PR campaigns and secures top media placements and partnerships for its clients. The boutique PR and marketing firm is known as the best in the home, garden, horticulture, outdoor living, and lawn and landscape industries. The annual Garden Trends Report is one of the most published garden studies in trade and consumer news.