Burbank, CA (PRWEB) January 30, 2015
“The REAL” daytime talk show enters February sweeps after setting a series high among Households (1.2 rating) and equaling a series high among the key demo of Women 25–54 (0.9 rating) during the most recent week of available national ratings (Jan 5–11) and with an impressive lineup of celebrity guest that include stars from popular shows “Scandal,” “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” and “Snooki + J-Woww.” The winner of the Ford-sponsored “SHE DID THAT!” competition is announced, and fun new segment “Meals to Impress Your Man” shows off each host’s culinary expertise (or lack thereof).
Highlights during February sweeps include:
- For the special 100th episode, Def Jam/G.O.O.D musical artist Big Sean stops by to give the scoop on his upcoming album and surprise one of his biggest fans! Air Date: 2/24/15.
- Former co-host of “The View” Sherri Shepherd fills in for Jeannie Mai, tells of her time at “The View” and offers hilarious advice on how to NOT lose your TV hosting job.
- “Scandal” actor Guillermo Diaz chats with the ladies about portraying a character that is the complete opposite of him, and then shows off his best B-Boy dance moves after revealing he played one of the Beastie Boys in a high school musical.
- “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” star Nene Leakes guest hosts and explains that “drama,” real or contrived, is a must on her reality TV show. She also mentions that the people who come on “RHOA” don’t have any talent and are using the show’s notoriety to get famous.
- Businessman and former Lakers star Earvin “Magic” Johnson stops by to chat about his latest initiative with President Barack Obama, called “My Brother’s Keeper,” and he also surprises an avid fan with a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Rapper and actor Nelly appears on the show to talk about his new reality series, “Nellyville”; his new girlfriend and former fiancée of Floyd Mayweather, Shantel Jackson; and his recurring role on BET’s popular show “The Real Husbands of Hollywood.”
- MTV reality stars Nicole Polizzi & Jenni Farley, aka “Snooki” & “J-Woww,” their reality show and their personal growth over the years.
- In partnership with Ford, The REAL is looking for women with "drive" who are making a difference in their community or making strides in business. Viewers are asked to nominate themselves or women they know, and one lucky woman will be chosen to share the spotlight on THE REAL where she can inspire and shine. Submissions are open until February 6, 2015.
For more details on the competition and sweeps, visit http://www.thereal.com.
About “The Real”
“The Real” is a new one-hour, daily talk show hosted by the dynamic team of Tamar Braxton, Tamera Mowry-Housley, Loni Love, Jeannie Mai and Adrienne Bailon on Fox Television Stations and in national syndication (check local listings), with a rebroadcast on cable network, BET. Led by five bold, diverse and outspoken hosts, these women reflect the home audience and unapologetically say what women are actually thinking. Their unique perspectives are brought to life through their candid conversations about topics ranging from their own personal lives to the news of the day to beauty, fashion and relationships. Produced by Telepictures Productions in association with 495 Productions and distributed by Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution, "The Real" originates from Los Angeles. SallyAnn Salsano (“Jersey Shore,” “Party Down South,” “HGTV Design Star,” “The Bachelor”) is executive producer.