Washington, DC (PRWEB) February 03, 2015
As pharmacy benefit designs and drug pricing methodologies become more complex, insurers and plan sponsors spend more of their time bidding out PBM contracts and assessing potential partners. But long-term partnerships between PBMs and health plans are difficult to develop and maintain as PBM consolidation continues, drug prices continually change, “pass-through” pricing grows more complex, and the array of pharmacy network options available to plans and patients increases. “PBM Contracts: Innovative Strategies to Improve Your Plan’s Bottom Line,” the Feb. 12 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, will discuss several strategies available to plans around pricing, network and contracting options.
In 60 minutes of expert presentations followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions, Milliman consultants Brian Anderson, MBA, Jason Gomberg, FSA, MAAA, and Troy M. Filipek, FSA, MAAA, will provide insider perspectives on key questions such as:
- How can plans assess the extent to which their current PBM contracts are competitive?
- What changes to the negotiation and contracting process must health plans make to develop a competitive and long-term PBM relationship?
- What steps should plans and their consultants take to keep contracts competitive and stay current on pricing and industry trends?
- How can plans guard against the addition of contracting language that may make deals less competitive?
- How do different pharmacy network options affect how competitive a contract is? How should plans assess the options?
- How should plans respond when their contracted PBM is acquired or merges?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c5p06_021215 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.