In collaboration with government’s aim to "power-up" the country, CMT & Myanmar Ministry of Electric Power will be hosting local private and foreign stakeholders for a timely discussion on Myanmar’s power generation and distribution plans.
Yangon, Myanmar (PRWEB) February 04, 2015
In collaboration with government’s aim to "power-up" the country, CMT & Myanmar Ministry of Electric Power will be hosting local private and foreign stakeholders for a timely discussion on Myanmar’s power generation and distribution plans. His Excellency Khin Maung Soe, Union Minister of Electric Power, Myanmar, will grace the summit with an opening address paving the way for the next session on ‘Electricity Act to Accelerate Expansion of Electric Power Generation Capacity & Delivery’ by a Senior Official from Ministry of Electric Power. Other official presentations by Ministry of Electric Power include: ‘IPP Development & Financial Models for Power Projects’, ‘Assessment of the Electricity Transmission & Distribution Network’, and ‘Fuel-Mix & Ensuring Sustainable Supply to the Power Plants’.
Delegates of the 3rd MPS can also look forward to insightful sessions on ‘Flexible, Distributed Power in the Growth of Myanmar’s Electrical Supply Network’ by Chris Carlisle, VP, Systems Design & Delivery, Bergen Engines India Pvt. Ltd. and on ‘World Bank’s Support for Myanmar’s National Electrification Project(NEP)’ by Dejan R. Ostojic, Sector Leader - Energy, East Asia and Pacific (EAP) Region, The World Bank. They will also get to hear senior executives from InfraCo Asia Development Ptd. Ltd., Asia Pacific, Overseas Private Investment Corporation, International Finance Corporation (IFC), Mayer Brown JSM (Singapore) Pte. Ltd and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC) share their views in a Panel Discussion on “Project Finance to Meet Myanmar’s Electric Power Hunger”.
Other vital sessions in the 1.5 day meet will include:
- Development of Hydro Power Projects in Myanmar & IGE’s Involvement and Plans Ahead – IGE Co Ltd
- Nam Theun 2 HPP in Lao PDR: Lessons learnt for Hydropower Development in Myanmar – EDF South East Asia Limited
- DFIs and Private Sector Investment in Emerging Markets’ Power Projects – Overseas Private Investment Corporation
- Important Developments in Myanmar’s Power Development: A Bankability Perspective – Mayer Brown JSM (Singapore) Pte. Ltd
- Practical Management & Mitigation of Country & Counter-Party Credit Risk: Lessons from Vietnam/Laos & Application to Myanmar – Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Moving Forward in Power-Up Myanmar – General Electric International Incorporated (GEII)
- Fast-Tracking a 100MW Thermal Power Plant in Mandalay – APR Energy
- Developing Solar Energy in Myanmar: The Next Phase of Growth – InfraCo Asia Development Ptd. Ltd.
- Achieving Supply of LNG for Myanmar Thermal Power Capacity Expansion: Modes & Economics – Mercuria Energy Trading Pte Ltd
- Fuel Mix Availability & Supply Chain of Coal, Fuel Oil & LPG to the Power Station – P.E.S Myanmar Co., Ltd (Puma Energy)
In addition to above, a Pre-Summit Workshop on ‘The Nuts & Bolts of the NEW Myanmar Electricity Act’ facilitated by the Power/Utilities & Legal Experts of DFDL Legal & Tax Services has also been arranged to run on 9 March 2015.
View event website or contact Ms. Grace at +65 6346 9147 for more details.