Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) February 03, 2015
Lumension®, the leader in enterprise patch management, today launched a new plug-in version of its leading Lumension Patch Manager DeskTop offering. This latest release streamlines the patch management process by automating the delivery of third-party patch content to Microsoft® System Center Configuration Manager, eliminating manual effort, while improving IT efficiency and reducing security risks.
Microsoft System Center provides patch management support for Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft applications, however third party Windows applications are left vulnerable. While a growing and well-known target for cyber criminals, third party application patching is also a cumbersome, time-consuming process. With the Lumension Patch Manager DeskTop plug-in, third party enterprise Windows application security updates can now be automatically downloaded, imported, published and synchronized into Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
As part of the Lumension for Microsoft System Center solution set, Lumension Patch Manager DeskTop seamlessly integrates into an existing Microsoft System Center workflow without requiring manual download or the use of other secondary tools. IT spends less time deploying patches and rebuilding failed patches, and patch compliance can quickly be achieved.
Commenting on the launch, Russ Ernst, director, product management at Lumension said, “In line with Microsoft’s leadership as a productivity and platform company, Lumension Patch Manager DeskTop plug-in improves efficiencies in managing non-Microsoft vulnerabilities while leveraging the architecture and scalability of the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager platform. With this latest release, Lumension provides organizations using Microsoft System Center with a streamlined, automated process for patching enterprise third party applications, reducing the risk of targeted attacks, and providing increased assurance that all endpoints have been properly patched and are fully compliant.”
In addition to automated content delivery, Lumension Patch Manager DeskTop now provides enhanced management and control tools for IT to improve patch management efficiency and accuracy, and provide more accurate compliance and risk reporting:
- Patch Management Efficiency and Accuracy: Leverages the patented Fingerprint and patent-pending Patch-Smart™ technologies to ensure better first-pass patching, reducing rework and management overhead, thereby reducing IT burden and costs.
- Flexible Scheduling and Alerting: Enables IT Security to automate recurring patch updates and configure notification alerts for enhanced endpoint management.
- In-depth Enterprise Vulnerability Metadata: Provides more detailed information to meet patching policy requirements such as CVE metadata for all security bulletins, vendor security identifier information, classification of security updates and vendor release date as part of timestamp.
Lumension Patch Manager DeskTop delivers the broadest third party patch coverage for applications most targeted by hackers in the enterprise environment including Adobe, Apple, Java and others. Developed exclusively for use within the Microsoft System Center environment, Lumension’s patent-pending Patch-Smart technology ensures a greater first time patch implementation success rate and validation that patch remediation has taken place, which subsequently improves IT efficiency. The new streamlined patching process improves security, enhances endpoint visibility and reduces audit burden with a strong, centralized compliance reporting component.
Lumension Patch Manager DeskTop plug-in is available now. For more information please visit https://lumension.com/system-center/patch-manager-desktop.aspx.
- Lumension is a member of the Microsoft System Center Alliance.
- Learn how to close your patch gaps Practical Patch Compliance whitepaper.
- Discover applications in your network with Lumension Application Scanner.
- In 2014, the National Vulnerability Database (NVD) cataloged 7,937 reported software vulnerabilities, a record high.
- Of these, almost 94% were found in third party (non-Microsoft) platforms and applications.
- Over the 2011 – 2014 timeframe, NVD catalog of reported software vulnerabilities is increasing at a compound annual growth rate of 24%.
- So far in 2015, NVD has recorded 528 new vulnerabilities, which puts them on course to hit close to 10,000 by year’s end. [Data analyzed on 2015-Jan-21]
About Lumension Security, Inc.
Lumension Security, Inc., a global leader in endpoint management and security, develops, integrates and markets security software solutions that help businesses protect their vital information and manage critical risk across network and endpoint assets. Lumension enables more than 3,000 customers worldwide to achieve optimal security and IT success by delivering a proven and award-winning solution portfolio that includes Vulnerability Management, Endpoint Protection, Data Protection, Antivirus and Reporting and Compliance offerings. Lumension is known for providing world-class customer support and services 24x7, 365 days a year. Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Lumension has operations worldwide, including Virginia, Texas, Ireland, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom, Australia and Singapore.
More information can be found at lumension.com.